the glamorous imperial concubine recap

It is terrible to write this but that is how I see the scene. Later on in the series, you will see interactions with his mother, the Empress Dowager and believe me when I say he is the King of Retorts. She plays Du Fei Hong as someone so powerful in looks and yet so fragile in emotions. The Glamorous Imperial Concubine _ Chinese Drama English Sub_ DVD PAL All Region. The Glamorous Imperial Concubine 2011| Maturity Rating:13+ | 1 Season| Romance An exiled princess who is loved by three emperors tries to reclaim her family's throne amid political turmoil and intrigue in 10th-century China. He is cold only because he pretends to be. She has the grace, the elegance to play a princess. He initially saw Fuya as an essential chess piece to his schemes for the throne but inevitably falls in love with her and secretly shelters her from harm. In this time of warring kingdoms and political upheaval, Fuya's uncle usurps the throne, and brutally wipes out her family. I am however perplexed how such a character can survive in a palace with her talkative nature and the fact she talks back, no matter who that person is. In this series, she is at times ok, at times competent but mostly seriously inadequate. Of course I do not know what happened to Muo Chou. She seems to make promises she never keeps; in fact she promised to leave Qiyou, she didnt, she promised to let Liansi have Qiyou, yeah but there is a proviso and that is her, she promised to deliver a message to Suyaos father and she did, like towards the end and because it is to her advantage. In fact everyone loves Fuya except for 3 or 4 people. And her I want to revive Chu Kingdom comes and goes as and when she finds convenient. Not that you really need a specific reason, p.s. You can love him for so many reasons and you can find very little reason to like him. Her problem is her character was like an afterthought. Starring:Ruby Lin, Wallace Huo, Yan Yikuan Watch all you want. Yes he is creepy, this series has the distinction of having the most creepy villain which makes this series sorta unique and I bet you will be shocked at the Liansi scene I have mentioned. One loyal minister of Shu died by knocking his head on some stone. His eyes is just gorgeous. But the single best scene of his and THE ENTIRE SERIES has to be the scene where he is alone in his study, having drawn a picture of Concubine Mei and his mother saw what he did, rushes him and went on to scream at him, made him kneel down and vent her anger at him by repeatedly flogging him as he winced in pain. But he just fell into the river without a word, not even Fuya, RUNNNNNN!!!. After her evil uncle Jing entraps her, Princess Fuya is deemed guilty of a felony and is sentenced to be beheaded. If he had forced his daughter to marry someone for the sake of strengthening his rule, he wouldnt have suffered his end. Her acting is like so on the surface, so simplistic, so how should I put it? However the lyrics to all songs are meaningful and well written with memorable melody. 2. It isnt, except when the main important characters die, logic went with them. Forced to flee her home after being betrayed and losing everything she loved, she bravely ventures on the path to restoring her kingdom with the help of the mysterious Meng Qiyou, the unfavored prince of Shu. CharacterThe other man to capture my heart as the series went along is Meng Qiyou. I thought no way! She didnt kill anyone; but many died for her. But despite my criticisms on many critical points, I was entertained. But seriously, the worst has to be her face and the way she delivers her lines. If it is the story, better not. He is emotionless only because he shut his heart. I will commend Ruby on being a good producer by the looks of the costumes and all. A story that follows Zhu Yuan Zhang's fourth son, Zhu Di, who fought many battles from a young age that aided him in his journey to become a qualified military commander ondemandchina.com. And then he became the first and foremost reason, until I decided my heart can have 2 men at one go although Wallace (oh how my heart flutters) remains numero uno since then.if(typeof ez_ad_units!='undefined'){ez_ad_units.push([[320,50],'jaynestars_com-small-rectangle-1','ezslot_27',643,'0','0'])};__ez_fad_position('div-gpt-ad-jaynestars_com-small-rectangle-1-0'); In episode 1 this beautiful man, with the most beautiful head gear and a huge fur coat on his shoulder (like some dead purple fox draped over his shoulder) looking rather sad, melancholic and depressed all rolled into one. Whilst I may joke about the fur on the Northern Han royal family, it does enhance the looks of the actors except why do they still wear the fur in Shu?! Almanac Master Huang Li Shi/Li Shi Opening [1920x1080p] Zn-Kun Anime. I clapped at his ending; never before there has been a more justified ending for a character than that for Ma Duyun. The Glamorous Imperial Concubine. decide not to watch as cant stand ruby playing helpless again. Episode 2 47m He hated Lian Chengs mother who killed his own mother years before. Whatever stupidity I see on screen, Wallace Huos beauty blinded me from the obvious flaws and made me think this series is great. It is like 1 story at the start, another story in the middle and in the end it self disintegrated, a series so suicidal it just did itself in at the end. Meanwhile Liancheng searches for her for years and continues to ignore his wife, Xiangyun whom he know pushed Fuya down the cliff and hated her since. They just trashed a great love story by introducing a new villain just a few episodes from the end who despite his obvious evil intent is managing to fool . He treats her with sincerity but she remains unmoved; she in fact plotted to free her beloved behind his back all along. Her best scene throughout the series but another best scene to me has to be the one where after her husband died, she went to a room where there was his armour and it was there we learnt how important her contribution to Shu as she poured out her bitterness and her anger and finally her confession that despite all that he did, she still loved him. When he reconciled with his mom, she dies. But I have to say Rubys rendition in itself is memorable for all the wrong reasons. I suspect she deliberately cast all the hot guys for ratings purposes and the less than pretty ones so that she shines more. How can these pair become such? Qiyous half-brother whose mother is Meiying. His best scenes are with Kara Hui, and every scene he is with Kara Hui is his best performance of that episode. Hao Ze Jia as Du Wan (Finished Gambling! I havent seen it yet and reading this make me want to watch it. You dont hear her real voice, but you will see the way her lips bite her tongue and I suspect she must have gone for perfect diction sort of delivering her lines. Poor Liancheng cuckolded. He allowed her to visit Qiyou and guess what? This is one mother who should have killed herself rather than burden her daughter by her very existence. He is also probably the one man immuned to Fuyas charm and tried to kill her several times. Ruby Lin as Ma Fu Ya / Pan Yu (Lady Yuan)Yan Kuan as Meng Qi You (Crown Prince)Wallace Huo as Liu Lian ChengTony Yang as Liu Lian XiHong Xiao Ling as Ma Xiang YunKara Hui as Du Fei Hong (Empress Du)Dai Chun Rong as Dowager GuduWang Lin as Han Chao YiWang Yu as as Meng Qi YunLiu Tao as Wen Jing Ruo (Lady Jing)Zheng Kai as Han MingMao Zi Jun as Ma Du YunLiu Zi Jiao as Liu Lian SiMiao Jun Hao as Hua Gong Gong (Eunuch Hua)Qiu Shuang as Meng Qi XingJiang Kai as Meng Zhi Xiang (Emperor)Yang Kai Chun as Yun ZhuHao Ze Jia as Du WanChen Chen as Su YaoKang Qun Zhi as Li Mu Yi (Empress of Chu)Liu Yong as Ma Yin (King of Chu)Du Jun Ze as Yi BingHao Luo Fan as Xiao Xin GanZhang Xiao Chen as Shen ZhiZhou Yi Wei as Chai RongSun Xi as Mo ChouChen Xi as Li FeiWu Xin as palace maid. Fuya's best friend. Zheng Kai is seriously hot. And basically half of the series died when he died about 10 episodes before the end. She is not a bad mother but she had to be one to safeguard her sons and the one son she wanted desperately for him to love her is Qiyou who also desperately want her to love him until at one point he just gave up. Between her 2 sons, no doubt she loved Qiyou more because his love was one she craved and never gotten until the end. i knw.. kara should be gven better roles in tvb. Another notable scene is the moving death monologue by his faithful eunuch to Qiyou where he urged Qiyou to be emperor and to save himself. Another would of course be the hot guys. Voice actorHated the voice at first. NO WAY! I cant fault her in all that. He looks arrogant and is cold and calculating, but he is really soft-hearted and gentle underneath. But if she is Fuya, she is to me pretty but too dark. Anyway, I just feel the need to speak up for Qiyou/ Yuan Kun as too much has been raved about Lian Cheng/Wallace I am kidding. All the murders she did, all the political marriage she arranged, her turning away Fuya, etc all for the sake of giving her son a stable kingdom. He looks beautiful at any angle, and mostly at extreme closeups. His stepmother he realises never trusted him. Acting for Two: Ruby Lin plays both Fu Ya and Consort Mei. The Glamorous Imperial Concubine/ Qing Shi Huang Fei - Chinese drama- 2011 Plot Fu Ya was an exiled princess who married three ambitious kings. Operative word is good because when he became emperor, he fell into the same trap like his father did, by overly preferring one woman over the other causing the other to feel hurt and resentment, inability to make good decisions. Set under the backdrop of the turbulent Five Dynasties and Ten Kingdom period of 10th century Imperial China, follows the story of a kind and beautiful princess, Ma Fuya of Chu. Anger, pain, happiness, doubt, everything. I suppose if you must have a weird guy that is Lianxi, then you must have weird girl, Muo Chou. I couldnt believe an eunuch dared scold the Emperor but we are to suppose this emperor is a family oriented guy and treats this eunuch as his brother. Lending support to wife Ruby Lins production, it has been 2 years since the actor last appeared onscreen! Because Mao Zijun as Ma Duyun is simply not interesting enough to hold my attention. I will spare you the suspense. Too much hurt between them, too much disappointment, too much unspoken issues. However whilst Qiyou is billed as a compassionate talented would-be ruler, even Liancheng thinks highly of him, the problem with this series is what happened after Qiyou becomes Emperor shows to me he does not have the strength in character to be an emperor. Movies . Liancheng had a beautiful death scene with some moving monologue. Therefore is the completion of Meng Qiyou, unloved, unwanted, the unluckiest man, ever. "The Glamorous Imperial Concubine" is a 2011 Chinese drama series directed by Lin Feng and George Leung. Watchlist. To make herself the prettiest of all, she cast those lesser in beauty although from what Xiangyun said, on paper she is supposed to be the most beautiful woman in the land of Chu. Those who loves her protects her till death. I saw this actress again in Empresses In The Palace and she looked so different which shows a good actress than morph their face. The drama is based on a novel by the same name by Murong Yinr and marks the production debut of Ruby Lin, who also stars in the series. Why waste time on such unconnected scene? She is terribly annoying and she plays her part well. My surprise for that scene is why didnt Fuya slap him and drag Liansi out? Qiyou had and will continue to have a rough life until his death. No mother and child have such magnified problems than this pair. [1], Filming for the series started on 19 January 2011 in Hengdian and wrapped up on 6 April 2011. and also because you understand his hurt, his pain and his confusion. But I suppose that suits her character; if she is so likeable how can you go YEAH! Qiyou died protecting her. She lived not like a widow; worse, she lived like she was all alone. White haired faithful servant of Empress Du. Performance wise, I hated Hong Xiaoling. He understood her but he can never accept her actions. Liancheng on the other hand became an emperor earlier, whilst he is officially advised by his mother, he never quite listen to her. He lets her do whatever she wants as long as she stays with him and it is in those gentle scenes that I feel more sorry for Liu Liancheng because it is a lost cause. Fu Ya bravely takes on the quest of avenging her family and restoring her kingdom, no matter the cost. First, Miao Hao Jun, the loving eunuch named Hua Gong Gong to Ma Fuya. However Liansis end is scary and that is because of the next character I will comment on. They have quite about the same start with mothers who love them but in different way. Fuyas mother is forgettable but the actress is elegant. Like I wrote in my recaps, all he needs now is his faithful dog running away and a bird flying by and drop some bird droppings on his head. I like to think at the end they married one another. Title: / Qing Shi Huang Fei. I always thought Qiyou loved Mei more than as a mother; there were plenty of suggestions he was in love with her but the series never took up that suggestion which is to me such a pity. Best actionCrying. The one factor I love most is the males headgear which I wrote about here (19.03.2012) . Whilst Wallaces Liancheng also has issues with his own mother, you can see Liancheng is more in control whilst for Qiyou, he is not in control of anything at all. Air time: 22:00. But weaker doesnt mean bad. She improved some in her acting, in fact compared to her out of tune singing, she should stick to acting but as compared to producing, maybe she should move on to behind the camera. It started out rather predictable, sorta campy fun, then it became all serious and sorta good, became better in each and every episode but towards the end, just went on and on for so long, the fun is lost, the drama is gone, the story is nowhere to be seen and the ending is just up to interpretation ONLY IF you havent paid attention for the past 5 episodes or so. The best of all characters of father, with the best actor and the worst character has to be Qiyous father, the Emperor of Shu. No one does it better than him, the weight of the world on his shoulders and he looks like he doesnt give a damn, which is what makes his Liu Lian Cheng so irresistible. Best Scene(s)For Tony Yang, when he held his hated enemy in his arms as she died and he cried for her not to die so soon. And he vomits blood a lot of time in here. Her favourite lineMA!!!.. Performance wise, Dai Chunrong is an often seen veteran and remember she was the evil empress in Huan Zhu Gege? In this time of warring kingdoms and political upheaval, Fuya's uncle usurps the throne and brutally kills her father. Episode 1 47m. Wallacehe is just too pretty for me to really take seriously, I dont know why. The only murder she did, which she rightfully did was killing her no good brother of hers when she should also kill herself because she let this evil bastard into her life and thus doomed Qiyou and Liansi. Netflix. if(typeof ez_ad_units!='undefined'){ez_ad_units.push([[300,250],'jaynestars_com-large-leaderboard-2','ezslot_6',639,'0','0'])};__ez_fad_position('div-gpt-ad-jaynestars_com-large-leaderboard-2-0');if(typeof ez_ad_units!='undefined'){ez_ad_units.push([[300,250],'jaynestars_com-large-leaderboard-2','ezslot_7',639,'0','1'])};__ez_fad_position('div-gpt-ad-jaynestars_com-large-leaderboard-2-0_1');.large-leaderboard-2-multi-639{border:none!important;display:block!important;float:none!important;line-height:0;margin-bottom:7px!important;margin-left:auto!important;margin-right:auto!important;margin-top:7px!important;max-width:100%!important;min-height:250px;padding:0;text-align:center!important}Spoiler. Lian Cheng references Hongfu, and his actor Wallace Huo played Hongfu's husband in Romance of Red Dust. He must have loved her once because she keeps holding onto her love for him but when Concubine Mei her own maid appeared whatever love he had for her went to the maid. Qiyous faithful eunuch Xiao Xingan dies from drinking poison given by Qixing meant for Qiyou. I did have one question throughout; I was wondering Why wont Ma Fuya love him? because if she did, problem solved. MovieRadish Warrior Engsub | Bo Huang, Yi Huang,Haitao Du,Shuliang Ma,Xiaolei Huang. The actor is ok but it is the character I cant stand. And for all the reasons above, I highly recommend this series to you. Follow. His infatuation for Fuya brings out the worse in him as he secretly resorts to questionable means to gain her love and have her by his side. He is supposed to be a few years younger than Wang Lins Concubine Han but when theyre together he looks like he is at least 2 decades younger. [1] Filming for the series started on 19 January 2011 in Hengdian and wrapped up on 6 April 2011. First, she is the producer, of course she would cast herself and she is sorta famous on TV. The sets seem familiar. However I did not like this character at first when he seems overly concerned over Fuya. If she showed him too much love, her husband knowing she is from powerful family, and Qiyou being very bright, will threaten him and he also want to put Qiyun as emperor. Even when he felt disappointed with Liancheng, he always came back and to help Liancheng. You may pity her, for years she married Liancheng and he never touched her except for twice and twice also never completed the deed. ! and he answers back as he again I believe vomits blood Because you were never a mother to me and it was such a heartbreaking scene. A sitting princess has everything taken away from her by her power-hungry uncle, but can she get it all back? All the years of acting and she still acts so stiffly. Sowhats that word.. so.. amateur! The Glamorous Imperial Concubine. So she did many things. Most often asked question by meEmpress Du, why wont you love Qiyou back?. It is like she appears just so to be Qiyous confidant companion and of course she is quickly forgotten when Fuya appears. Wallace with his beautiful melancholic face certainly fits all those scenes well and gave those difficult scenes justice. Anyway Lianxi is one character I grew to like towards the end. Even Ma Fuya seem more like an observer than a participant. And there were plenty of suggestion of a budding romance between him and Suyao but it went nowhere. It was awful. thy r wasting great talent. If you dont love someone, you dont love someone. Selfish, vain and as bitter as anyone else, she hated Ma Fuya. But why I love Wallace Huo in those scenes is because whilst he doesnt hold back in his aggression, I cant hate him, mainly because Ma Xiangyun asked for it (oh let me explain that later!) Viewers look forward to Ruby Lin and Wallace Huos chemistry in Light the Night season 2. Ma Fuya sounds like a nice girl buy the way Ruby plays her, I find Fuya to be such a manipulative bitch even if she isnt, not intentionally. It is not because she got to kiss Wallace. In fact when she died I was like good riddance. Qixing effectively killed himself when he ran straigh into Qiyous sword when he was charging at Qiyou. Grandpa Hua died from experimenting with poison I think, to save I believe Empress of Chu so that Fuya doesnt need to risk her life and unborn child by trying the same poison so as to find an anecdote. Ma Fuya is left an orphan, and she escapes with the help of a eunuch. I will say she should have killed herself by episode 2, that way Qiyou can happily marry Liansi and strengthen his rule, Liancheng might love Xiangyun back and her creepy brother would not have lived to do the evil things he did. Themesong wise, it is like a whole new level of out of tune singing by Ruby Lin. The makeup is beautiful though and Ruby seems to pay more attention to her male leads costumes than anyone else, in particular Wallaces. He would have been Legolas if he was younger. Funn, I started watching this series after reading your review. I didnt like the hairstyle for most though I like the ornaments. CharacterThere are plenty of hot men in this series and when I say hot men, even the old ones are handsome. Ma Fuya is a princess of the Chu state in 10th-century imperial China during . What a tragic character. Manage Settings This is a man who understands love but doesnt know how to love properly as opposed to Meng Qiyou. I think I have covered all the important deaths. I dont know about these Mainland China actor, they have such expressive eyes. She screamed Why wont you love me like you love her? He has no regrets or decency when it comes to pitting mother (Empress Du) against son (Qiyou). The Glamorous Imperial Concubine. His death scene was funny though. I always thought if under different circumstances, both he and Liancheng can be BFFs. Bravo! It is to me the same complex problem as posed by TVB male characters wearing jackets even in the house or the fact that female characters never let go of their handbags, ever. If it is the handsomeness of the guys, no worries, theyre all hot. Qiyun becomes emperor of Shu and marries no one we know of. The single most despicable character in this entire series who supposedly loves Concubine Mei so much and so loves Qiyun the most but in the end you will realise he only loves himself. Summary. The series in the end explains it is because she wanted to divert her husbands attention away from Qiyou. However even if the series went nonsensical after her death, prior to that, Yan Kuan was a joy to watch. There were no romance between him and Fuya because quite obviously, that would be very very wrong. Of all the female characters in this series, I hated Fuya the most because she is the cause of everyones misery. Ruby and Wallace would not to quarrel or raise their voices at each other in front of their child. No idea what happened to her in the end. It is the only time he ever talked to her, only time he ever touched her. She married Qixing. Such words are interchangeable between the 2. In this time of warring kingdoms and political upheaval, Fu Ya's uncle usurps the throne, and brutally wipes out her family. Qixing is stupid. Anyway just an observation or rather my failed attempt in prolonging this review. And yes the look he gave her veiled face before the kiss started was his worst performance in this series, way too much acting there that I cringed but when the kiss started and ended with him shocked and on the floor, what I love is the attention to details. But even if she didnt love Yan Kuans character, she might never have fallen for Wallaces either. Fuya's mother. The scene where he tore her clothes and forced himself on him, she protesting and yet you know she wants it. She is not ugly but as Yun Zhu she is supposed to be plain and eats way too much. Funn Lin thank you and I love you. I cant take the full show as it is too tragic but its not bad in small doses. Her characters almost always come off as pretentious or rather to be exact, meant well but destroys things in the end. Unbelievable even in this context. I read in forums a detailed explanation by the screenwriter on what makes Lian Cheng the Lian Cheng we see, plus the fact a few episodes were edited out. Wang Yu as Meng Qiyun, Second prince. In one night, her kingdom perished under the hands of the manipulative Ma Yi Fang, Fuyas uncle. Whatever you have read about the synopsis, chuck it out because it aint the same. Back to Fuya, once in Shu Kingdom she realises that mysterious man is Meng Qiyou, eldest prince in the Kingdom of Shu except he was once a crown prince but pushed off his position by his formidable mother Empress Du Fei Hong who installed instead his own much younger Qixing. But she still had Qiyou until her husband cruelly took him away from her, and her bitterness also spill over to Qiyou because Qiyou unknowingly whilst trying to win her favours also grew close to Mei and she hated Mei. To view the purposes they believe they have legitimate interest for, or to object to this data processing use the vendor list link below. Although he has ulterior motives and uses Fuya as a political tool, he falls in love with her and secretly protects her from danger. You may like the earthy colours of Chu (more Han), or the burst of colour of Shu (more Ming) or like me, the blue tones of Northern Han (more Korean). The entire death scene made it out as if he was being pushed as a pawn in the struggle for power. She is just the weird white haired extra faithful servant of Empress Du. I like the fact that he had no reason for his betrayal to Fuya. He is unwanted, unloved, unappreciated and Yan Kuan epitomises all that whenever he shares a scene with Kara Hui. One point I do like to point out which is notable but not logical (and you may say so many men fall for Ruby is not logical, but for me that is perfectly logical) is the sex scene between Qiyou and Fuya at Northern Han. The competition of best mother is between 2 women; Empress Dowager Dugu of Northern Han. But first, let me say why I love this series. Never once, which is something Liancheng realises as well. HDTV is not for him in those scenes. She succeeds. He sends her away out of affection, not wanting her embroiled in the political struggle but as she sees it, she isnt even fit to die for him or with him like Fuya will. He is tall, well built and looks like a man should. Wont they die from overheating? The Glamorous Imperial Concubine. Such a coward. You could read my post by post in my errr post since if I were to write a recap this review will be too long. In this time of warring kingdoms and political upheaval, Fuya's uncle usurps the throne and brutally kills her father. In other happier scenes with his beloved Fuya, Wallace shows his tenderness and yet you can see in his little gestures, his eyes, his face that he knows this woman doesnt love him. And yes, he appears for the first few episodes, disappeared for a long time, comes back once in a while and then the last few episodes were mostly him. He hated her but for his brother, he put up with her and in the end when he realised she died for him, all hatred forgiven. Then theres Xiangyuns father who never loved his own daughter. Director: Lin Feng [] Country: Chinese Status: Completed Released: 2011 Genre: Drama ; Historical ; Romance ; Tragedy ; Chen Bing Qiang (1990) Miao Hai Zhong (1968) Hito Du (1987) I don't want to, but I just can't stand it. I feel the series is left down as much as by the story as it is by the shoddy editing. He is attracted to Fuya because she is honest to him without asking anything in return (although I will disagree on that). She makes decision for Qiyou without first asking him. She never killed Mei I think, I am not sure. Maybe in part it is Ruby Lin's fault. And in the end even his death was so meaningless and uneventful; trying to save Fuya, he got struck by arrows and fell into the lake. I know the answer. Actor Allusion: Possibly an unintentional one. Maybe because I am biased. Emperor of Chu dies from poison. The other factor I dont like is the editing of the story. This was a young man facing a personal crisis; as in being in a position he does not want, in a place he has no interest and in a situation he does not care for. You can hear that in Huan Zhu Gege which gave her performance an edge over others. He does have a face for extreme closeups. Oh it hurts! Maybe because she knows she has Concubine Han and her brother Han Ming behind her back but for a maid she is really 100% fail. That is basically what Qing Shi Huang Fei is.

Tommy Graham Son Of Barbara Graham, Nationwide Payment Clearing Times, Alquiler De Casa Con Piscina En Managua, Corsair H100i Turn Off Led, When Is Ophthalmic Technician Appreciation Week 2021, Articles T