nicole jackson shooter

They took rounds -- multiple, multiple rounds -- before they were left with no other choice but to return fire." }); Jackson pleaded no contest to all the charges associated with the deputy shooting and arson charges she was facing in Flagler County. "He said Jackson's case played a large part in garnering support to launch the Volusia Family Resource Center. if(document.querySelector("#ads")){ OBrien pleaded no contest to charges of burglary, criminal mischief and attempted murder of law enforcement officers, and was remanded to a maximum-risk assessment program followed by conditional release. I also want to reiterate my respect and appreciation for each one of those deputies, who I believe are the reason Nicole Jackson is still alive today. Frank Fernandez, The Daytona Beach News-Journal, Calling from Volusia jail, girl accused of firing at deputies says it was a 'stupid mistake', Girl who escaped group home shot after opening fire on deputies, Examining the runaways gunfight: 'I'm all for not killing kids but we need to do something', arming themselves with guns and shooting at responding deputies, Your California Privacy Rights/Privacy Policy. https://t.co/NkWYp7HLGo pic.twitter.com/G5QWmjQSwH. Si vous ne souhaitez pas que nos partenaires et nousmmes utilisions des cookies et vos donnes personnelles pour ces motifs supplmentaires, cliquez sur Refuser tout. You just can't do it. Pour en savoir plus sur la faon dont nous utilisons vos donnes personnelles, veuillez consulter notre politique relative la vie prive et notre politique en matire de cookies. },false) Recently, in April 2021, she was arrested on a series of felony arson charges for setting several brush fires in her own B-Section neighborhood, when she was a student at Buddy Taylor Middle School and living in a group home on Burgundy Place. Notifications can be turned off anytime from browser settings. The negotiated plea means 20 years in prison followed by 40 years probation. He further added that they tried a lot of ways but nothing could refrain the children from shooting at them. The judge told her the Department of Corrections would calculate her gain time and determine her exact release date. Whether the state wants to create a fiction that, for the purposes of this crime, we are going to treat her as an adult. "She is scared. window.googletag.pubads().addEventListener('slotOnload', function(event) { Volusia County Sheriff Sgt. "Am I a U.S. NICOLE JACKSONAS W HIT SEVERAL TIMESUT B HAS SINCE RECOVERED. }); }); At least one deputy said he believed she fired the weapon. She was also restricted to a cell. Jackson-Maldonado's public defender Larry Avallone declined comment after a hearing. The News-Journal is not naming herbecause its unclear whether she had been charged as an adult. Related: Investigation clears deputies that returned fire at 14-year-old, 12-year-old of wrongdoing. eventAction: 'view' Don Maxwell had to take cover behind a tree during the incident as the children fired from the house. Read full article. But Jackson-Maldonado is facing decades in state prison in adult court for the incident in which she and a 12-year-old boy were accused of shooting at deputies. Plea or trial? Nous, Yahoo, faisons partie de la famille de marques Yahoo. You have a big heart. Bodycam footage from police officers in Florida shows the moments two children started shooting when they were caught breaking into a home. Officials say Volusia County deputies were forced to shoot at children on June 1: 14-year-old Nicole Jackson and a 12-year-old boy, after the pair ran away from a children's home, broke into a house and allegedly used weapons they found inside against responding deputies. Soon afterward, the 12-year-old dropped an AK-47 rifle he was holding and surrendered. Blackburn went through a standard list of questions and warnings to people entering a plea. When the public, the media and the prosecutors were allowed back in, the judge said that Jackson-Maldonado had withdrawn her request to dismiss her attorneys. YOU GOT TO BE HELD ACCOUNTABLE FOR IT. It was. You can't shoot at police. STANDBY. Teenagers do it all the time, Jackson is quoted in the report. Holbert drove a block from the scene, but ran off the road, officers said. Deputies cleared:Volusia Sheriff's deputies cleared in shootout with children who left Methodist group home, Bailey said she has written a letter to Larizza saying that Jackson-Maldonado has been "overcharged.". 2023 www.news-journalonline.com. She was followed by the boy, who was a non-criminal juvenile resident, the release stated. >> THIS IS A HORRIFIC EVENT FOR ALL INVOLVED. window.googletag.cmd.push(function() { 7 min read. "It isn't appropriate for our offices to discuss plea offers on open cases," he said. The pint-sized Bonnie and Clyde busted out of the Florida United Methodist Childrens Home and broke into an empty house in nearby Enterprise on June 1. "This went on for hours. During Friday's hearing, Assistant State Attorney Sarah Thomas checked to see if Maxwell or any other law enforcement officer present wanted to make a statement. Deen thanked Maxwell and praised law enforcement and first responders for avoiding an unmitigated tragedy when they confronted the two children. pg.acq.push(function() { Nicole Jackson, accused of shooting @VolusiaSheriff in 2021 has pleaded no contest to 3 charges including attempted murder of law enforcement officer. The first two charges are punishable by up to life in prison, but since Jackson-Maldonado is a juvenile her sentence would be reviewed and she could be released after serving 25 years. "The report shows the children did more than $1,000 worth of damage to the home before deputies arrived.Sheriff Chitwood says Jackson sent a letter. The duo allegedly fired at the deputies for half an hour, after which the girl emerged from the garage and pointed her shotgun at the deputies more than once. It all started, according to a report, because she wanted to go outside and catch lizards. We are one of the worlds fastest growing But in the end, deputies shot Jackson-Maldonado after they said she pointed a shotgun or rifle at them, according to reports. They were coming out to kill cops. eventCategory: event.slot.getSlotElementId(), You got to be held accountable for it, Volusia County Sheriff Mike Chitwood said. hitType: 'event', One of the fires threatened a house and damaged a fence, the reports stated. The release states that deputies raced Jackson-Maldonado to an awaiting ambulance for medical care and states it was due to deputies' "heroic efforts" that no one died. WESH 2S CLAIRE METZ JOINS US LIVE FROM THE JUSTICE CENTER. Jackson-Maldonado faced a life prison sentence if convicted of attempted first-degree murder of a law enforcement officer (firearm), although, because she is a juvenile, the sentence would be reviewed after 25 years, at which point a judge could release her. On June 1, Jackson-Maldonado got into an argument with staff at the Florida United Methodist Children's Home in Enterprise where she was living. Great Jones Cookware Review: Is It Worth Buying? The plea deal also took care of Jackson-Maldonado's cases in Flagler County where she was charged with five third-degree felonies in the burning of some wooded lots. Nicole Jackson, 15, is charged with the first-degree attempted murder of a law enforcement officer. You've successfully subscribed to this newsletter! 1:26. This is a horrific event for all involved. It was a very different plea than the one offered to the boy, whose case was kept in juvenile court. Its unclear where her parents are. REPORTER: JACKSON AND ANOTHER YOUTH RAN AWAY FROM A CHILDRENS HOME IN ENTERPRISE, BROKE INTO A NEARBY HOUSE AND ARMED THEMSELVES WITH WEAPONS THEY FOUND. A 14-year-old girl accused of shooting at Volusia County sheriff's deputies was in court for a pretrial hearing Wednesday. "I was sacred for life," she writes, in part. Thank God my deputies went home. ACCORDING TO THE REPORT THE , CHILDREN HAD BEEN ASKED TO DO STUDY TIME BUT INSTEAD NICOLE ASKED TO GO OUT TOAT C LIZARDS. The judge also said that Jackson-Maldonado had on her own initiative stated she wanted to agree to the plea deal. Nicole Jackson pleaded no contest following a closed meeting in court. The photos were described as very inappropriate and lewd in nature, in the reports. I want to see you one day be the person the person that I know you can be. Later, Travis admitted to the investigators that Nicole had said, "I'm gonna roll this down like GTA," before launching the attack. THE OTHER CHILD WHO SHOT AT DEPUTIES, 12 AT THE TIME, WAS CHARGED AND SENTENCED AS A JUVENILE. Bailey was in the courtroom on Thursday. The Volusia County Sheriff's Office will not file indecent exposure charges against Nicole Jackson-Maldonado, the 15-year-old accused of shooting at deputies who is being held at the county . She was adjudicated guilty. After the hearing, she walked back to her Jeep where she had placed a sign on the vehicle's windshield that read Justice for Nicole. She had other signs in the Jeep. Officials say Volusia County deputies were forced to shoot at children on June 1: 14-year-old Nicole Jackson and a 12-year-old boy, after the pair ran away from a children's home, broke into a. "The young lady did write an apology letter to us, that she was sorry for shooting at us and she hopes the deputies can find it in their heart to forgive her," Chitwood said.The full letter can be read hereJackson's note is somewhat hard to decipher, given redactions and spelling. Before Judge Elizabeth Blackburn closed the courtroom to talk to Jackson and her attorneys, the judge voiced concerns about motions Jackson was filing with the help of civilian supporters who are not attorneys. Jackson does not feel she did anything wrong and admitted to having a lil fun, the report stated. The Volusia County Sheriff's Office said 12-year-old Travis O'Brien and 14-year-old Nicole Jackson face felony charges of attempted first-degree murder of law enforcement officers and armed . Both children remain in custody as their cases wind their way through the courts.Related: Investigation clears deputies that returned fire at 14-year-old, 12-year-old of wrongdoing, Amazon Has Uncanny Dupes of CB2's Popular Dining Chair for Hundreds Less. "I think there's a failure to recognize that. Jackson-Maldonado speaks out:Calling from Volusia jail, girl accused of firing at deputies says it was a 'stupid mistake'. Prosecutors also waived a minimum mandatory of 20 years in prison. "I also want to reiterate my respect and appreciation for each one of those deputies, who I believe are the reason Nicole Jackson is still alive today. "You just can't do it. dvelopper et amliorer nos produits et services. AND CLAIRE, WHAT CHANGED? The boy surrendered and was not shot. After a few moments, Jackson-Maldonado said, "All I know was I was born in Puerto Rico.". ACCORDING TO THE REPORT, ONE DEPUTY SAID LIEUTENANT IM ALL , FOR NOT KILLING KIDS AND STUFF BUT I MEAN IF THEYRE SHOOTING AT US, WE HAVE TO PUT AN END TO THIS. Nicole Jackson-Maldonado, 15, is accused of shooting at Volusia Sheriff's deputies. 1:26 Nicole Jackson-Maldonado , the teen accused of breaking into a house and shooting at deputies, told a friend that prosecutors have offered her a plea deal that would send her to state. Additionally, the jail wanted the sheriff's office to check if any pictures were transmitted to people outside the jail and ensurethe computers had not been alteredto allow internet access. She was offered a plea deal but turned it down and will now be tried as an adult. Jackson-Maldonado also said that pictures were taken of her. We are encouraging her to go to trial," Bailey said. Later, the authorities learned from Travis that Nicole had allegedly made a reference to the video game Grand Theft Auto before launching the attack on police. He apologizes for everything that happened. We've received your submission. THE JUDGE VOICED CONCERNS ABOUT MOTIONS JACKSON WAS FILING WITH THE HELP OF CIVILIAN SUPPORTERS WHO ARE NOT ATTORNEYS. At some point, Jackson agreed to plea to reduced charges. Blackburn said the motion to dismiss her attorneys would require discussing confidential issues, including trial strategy. window.adsContainer = {"position2":{"code":"Article_Mobile_Above_Next_Rel","max_width":300,"max_height":250},"position3":{"code":"Article_Mobile_300x250_ATF_Rel","max_width":300,"max_height":250},"position4":{"code":"Article_Mobile_Middle_Rel","max_width":300,"max_height":250},"position5":{"code":"Article_Mobile_Middle1_Rel","max_width":300,"max_height":250},"position6":{"code":"Article_Mobile_Middle2_Rel","max_width":300,"max_height":250},"position7":{"code":"Article_Mobile_Middle3_Rel","max_width":300,"max_height":250},"position8":{"code":"Article_Mobile_Middle4_Rel","max_width":300,"max_height":250},"position9":{"code":"Article_Mobile_Middle5_Rel","max_width":320,"max_height":250},"position10":{"code":"Article_Mobile_Middle6_Rel","max_width":320,"max_height":250},"position11":{"code":"Article_Mobile_Middle7_Rel","max_width":320,"max_height":250},"position12":{"code":"Article_Mobile_Middle8_Rel","max_width":320,"max_height":250},"position13":{"code":"Article_Mobile_Middle9_Rel","max_width":320,"max_height":250},"position14":{"code":"Article_Mobile_Middle10_Rel","max_width":320,"max_height":250},"position15":{"code":"Article_Mobile_Middle11_Rel","max_width":320,"max_height":250},"position16":{"code":"Article_Mobile_Middle12_Rel","max_width":320,"max_height":250}} ga('ads.send', { Nicole Jackson-Maldonado, the 15-year-old girl who shot at deputies after running away from a children's home, reached a plea deal Friday that will send her to state prison for 20 years. Nicole Jackson-Maldonado, the teenage girl accused of shooting at deputies, will either reach a plea deal with prosecutors by Jan. 5 or her case will be set to go to trial.. Jackson-Maldonado was . A Volusia County sheriff's deputy points his firearm during the incident. "The young lady did write an apology letter to us, that she was sorry for shooting at us and she hopes the deputies can find it in their heart to forgive her," Chitwood said. But I wish the best for you!" "It is my understanding that the Department of Corrections is still bound by the laws that require juveniles to be kept separately," Blackburn said. 2023 FOX News Network, LLC. will notfile indecent exposure charges against Nicole Jackson-Maldonado, Judge sets deadline for plea in case of teenage girl charged with shooting at deputies, A group of strangers band together to help a Volusia County teen who could face life in prison, Judge warns 15-year-old girl accused of shooting at deputies that life sentence is possible, Your California Privacy Rights/Privacy Policy. A GED instructor found the photos when she checked the 17-year-old'swork on the computer, a report stated. Avallone told the judge that they were still taking depositions in the case. Legal Statement. hitType: 'event', Jackson and a 12-year-old boy are accused of breaking into a home in Enterprise, where they found weapons and then allegedly shot at responding officers. You have a long life ahead of you. The boycould be free from a juvenile facility in less than three years. THANK GOD MY DEPUTIES WENT HOME WITHIN SECONDS OF HER BEING SHOT. Nicole Jackson, 15, is charged with the first-degree attempted murder of a law enforcement officer. What You Need To Know 14-year-old Nicole. After. According to the report one deputy said, "Lieutenant, I'm all for not killing kids and stuff but I mean if they're shooting at us, we have to put an end to this.If they keep shooting at Maxwell, we need to do something. This is a horrific event for all of us. } RT @AshNicoleMoss: people act like the bubble gave players magical powers. The News-Journal asked Chitwood the same question on Friday and he said it was the State Attorney's decision. You have a big heart. Meet 12-year-old Travis O'Brien and 14-year-old Nicole Jackson, two baby-faced teens who're . Nicole Jackson appears in court for a hearing at the Justice Center in Daytona Beach, Tuesday, Nov. 22, 2022. According to a new arrest report, a deputy watched the Jackson get onto her knees and level the shotgun at them. That's all we ask for. Deputies did return 66 rounds. And she's a child that's desperately in need of services and didn't get them. Im code 4. Jackson and another youth ran away from a children's home in Enterprise, broke into a nearby house and armed themselves with weapons they found. ENTERPRISE, Fla. - A homeowner on Wednesday described coming home the night before to find out two children broke into his house and used his guns, including an AK-47, to open fire on Volusia. Vous pouvez modifier vos choix tout moment en cliquant sur le lien Tableau de bord sur la vie prive prsent sur nos sites et dans nos applications. She now has to pay the price. And I will say a prayer for you every day.. Deputies were forced to return fire. How did a pair of children get involved in a shootout with sheriff's deputies? dvelopper et amliorer nos produits et services. Jackson-Maldonado was originally scheduled for a Nelson hearing on Friday concerning her request to dismiss her attorneys. document.querySelector("#google_image_div").addEventListener('click',function(){ She said that she spoke toJackson-Maldonado seven times on Wednesday, because the girl was nervous about Thursday's court hearing. This is a child. The negotiated plea means 20 years in prison followed by 40 years probation. Thank god my deputies went home. eventAction: 'render' The teenwould be placed on probation following her release. Jackson-Maldonado was also accused in April 2021, before the shootout, of setting fires in vacant lots in Palm Coast, according to the FlaglerCounty Sheriffs Office. Mutual Fund and ETF data provided by Refinitiv Lipper. The Volusia County teen accused of shooting at deputies during a break-in has pleaded no contest to three charges, including attempted murder of a law enforcement officer, and has been sentenced to 20 years in prison.You can't shoot at police. Body camera video showed deputies hiding behind trees reluctant to shoot at children even if the children were shooting at them. pg.acq.push(function() { ", 'Stop it!' According to the report one deputy said, "Lieutenant, I'm all for not killing kids and stuff but I mean if they're shooting at us, we have to put an end to this.If they keep shooting at Maxwell, we need to do something.". This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. The pair managed to elude the deputies. 0:00. Great Jones Cookware Review: Is It Worth Buying? breakinginto a house and shooting at deputies, Calling from Volusia jail, girl accused of firing at deputies says it was a 'stupid mistake', Girl, 14, shot after firing at deputies during burglary, Volusia County sheriff says, 'This is like Bonnie and Clyde': Girl who escaped group home shot after opening fire on deputies, Children in shootout with Volusia deputies are latest to escape Enterprise group home, 14-year-old girl accused of trying to kill Volusia deputies in shootout ruled competent, 'I'm all for not killing kids but we need to do something', Volusia Sheriff's deputies cleared in shootout with children who left Methodist group home, Florida's COVID cases jump to highest level in 2 months, but hospitalizations remain low, breaking into a house and arming themselves with an AK-47, a 12-gauge shotgun and a pistol they found inside, Your California Privacy Rights / Privacy Policy. Somebody's got to stand up for law enforcement. Hes a little tiny, little boy and he got into a big mess, defense attorney Jeff Deen told the station Wednesday. Both Jackson-Maldonado and the boy hadpreviously been Baker Acted, in which a person is taken into custody for psychiatric evaluation if they are considered a threat to themselves or others. "I did not known what I was thinking! The 12-year-old boy allegedly said "Don't shoot, don't shoot" as deputies moved in and then said "We were not doing anything wrong. Nicole Jackson, 14, and Travis O'Brien, 12, were labeled "Bonnie and Clyde" by Volusia County Sheriff Mike Chitwood after they opened fire on deputies as they responded to reports of a burglary in Enterprise, where a patio window had been broken. Nicole Jackson-Maldonado,the teen accused of breakinginto a house and shooting at deputies, told a friend that prosecutors have offered her a plea deal that would send her to state prison for 20 years. "We will save our comments for the courtroom.". I remember you. Trocino said the girl was in need of services and the state's claims that she was a ringleader, along with the other allegations, are further evidence that she needed help. I DID NOT KNOWN WHAT I WAS THINKING AND THEN I HOPE YOU , FORGIVE ME AND WHAT I DIIFD YOU DONT I UNDERSTAND. We were out here from 7:30 until about 9 p.m. until we returned fire.". "You will be in an adult facility.". Si vous ne souhaitez pas que nos partenaires et nousmmes utilisions des cookies et vos donnes personnelles pour ces motifs supplmentaires, cliquez sur Refuser tout. And hopefully she'll get out of jail and be a productive member of society.". }); VOLUSIA COUNTY, FLORIDA: Nicole Jackson, the 14-year-old girl who teamed up with her 12-year-old friend Travis O'Brien to shoot at Florida police officers, was seriously hurt in the incident. The judge said the Department of Corrections will place her in a facility based on her age. >> HOW DO YOU PLEAD TO THAT CHARGE? Jeff Deen, who was the boys defense attorney, said the childwas remorseful. Read apology letter 14-year-old girl sent following shootout with Volusia County deputies, D.>> SHERIFFS DEPUTIES WERATE HOUSE AT A HOSTING FOR A POSSIBLE BREAK IN AND LEARNED THE ALLEGED BURGLARS WERE CHILDREN. Nicole Jackson-Maldonado, the 15-year-old girl facing up to life in prison on a charge of attempted murder of a law enforcement officer in a shootout with deputies, told a judge on Wednesday . Nicole Marie Jackson-Maldonado, the 14-year-old runaway accused of trying to gun down Volusia County Sheriff's deputies in June, spoke softly Wednesday as she answered a judge's questions. On the day of the shootout with police on June 1, Nicole Jackson, along with her 12-year-old friend Travis O'Brien, went swimming at Green Springs Park, according to the arrest report. And I wish her all the luck in the world. gads_event = event; That will not change," Trocino said. She died at a hospital, according to authorities. Oh God, I gotten myself into a lot! "She knows what she did is wrong. Jackson-Maldonado was also quoted as saying Thats what the camera is for; to take pictures, the report states. 2023 FOX Television Stations, shot at deputies during a standoff in June 2021, no-contest plea to the charges that included the attempted murder, 'I nearly died': Florida man attacks another man with golf club on Lake County course, deputies say, Buckeye woman stung more than 75 times during family photo shoot, first responders say, Larry 'Gator' Rivers, Harlem Globetrotter legend from Georgia, dies at 73, Downtown Orlando bars now need special permit to sell alcohol after midnight, 2 high schoolers killed, 4 others hurt in shooting at house party in Mississippi. Lets not challenge them.. An employee of the children's home followed them, and Jackson-Maldonado attacked and threatened to kill that employee, according to the release. }); The full name of the 14-year-old shooter is Nicole Marie Jackson Maldonado. Oh God, I gotten myself into a lot! Sheappeared in adult court on Thursday before Circuit Judge Elizabeth Blackburn for a case management hearing. 14-YEAR-OLD NICOLE JACKSON AND A 12-YEAR-OLD BOY WHO HAD RUN AWAY FROM A NEARBY CHILDRENS HOME. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. Deputies initially held their fire. They never hesitated they rushed in and rendered aid to her in seconds, giving her a second chance at life.". Well I hope you forgive me and what I did, if you don't I understand why you can't forgive a person that quick. Jackson-Maldonadohasbeenheld without bond at the Volusia County Branch Jail since her release from ahospital several days after the incident in which she was shot by deputies after she walked out of the house with a firearm and pointed it at them, according to reports. Jailers found Jackson-Maldonado guilty of three charges: engaging in sexual acts with self-others; refusing to obey; and conduct which disrupts. FLORIDA BOY, 12, CHARGED WITH ATTEMPTED MURDER AFTER SHOOTOUT WITH DEPUTIES. Daytona Beach News-Journal . eventAction: 'click_image_ads' one of the deputies is heard saying in the body-camera video. The two found the guns in the house. Police said he surrendered 30 seconds later . Quotes displayed in real-time or delayed by at least 15 minutes. Within seconds of her being shot, deputies did lifesaving first aid to save her life, Chitwood said. And the state being intransigent in its offer in its ability to work this out and balance the idea of punishment with the services that this child so desperately needs wasn't happening and so it gets resolved in this way.". WKMG reported that deputies shot 14-year-old Nicole Jackson in the chest. Shes re-racking a round inside the shotgun!, Lets not engage them anymore, the dispatcher is heard responding. "Ultimately, Jackson-Maldonado exited the residence and fired a shotgun at the deputies while approaching them. Nicole Jackson and Travis O'Brien: Foster kids, 14 and 12, who used AK-47 to fire at cops, appears before judge, Sixth-grade girl opens fire in Idaho middle school and injures 3 before teacher disarms her, arrested. "The report shows the children did more than $1,000 worth of damage to the home before deputies arrived. It was reported that the two children ran away from Florida United Methodist Childrens Home, a foster home, and broke into an empty house in Enterprise later that night, stocked with guns and ammunition. Pour en savoir plus sur la faon dont nous utilisons vos donnes personnelles, veuillez consulter notre politique relative la vie prive et notre politique en matire de cookies. media-tech companies with hubs around the world. It was a very different sentence from her co-defendant, a 12-year-old boy who could be released from a juvenile facility within three years. >> NO CONTEST. After escaping their group home on the 2nd of June 2021, 12 year old Travis O'Brien & 14 year old Nicole Jackson Maldonado led police on a chase through Volu. IF THEY KEEP SHOOTINATG MAXWELL, WE NEED TO DO SOMETHING. On Tuesday evening, the girl, usually referred to as Nicole Jackson, seemingly armed with a pistol and a shotgun-as deputies described the weaponry-and another minor armed with an AK-47, were. Deputies were forced to return fire," according to the release from Larizza's office. (Volusia County Sheriff's Office). Jackson-Maldonado stood before Circuit Judge Elizabeth Blackburn Friday at the S. James Foxman Justice Center in Daytona Beach as Volusia County Sheriff Mike Chitwood and several deputies sat in the gallery. Jackson-Maldonado has been placed in administrative confinement as punishment for violatingjail rules, according to the county. Travis OBrien was just 12 when he and then-14-year-old Nicole Jackson holed up in a Volusia County house in June after breaking out of a local group home and opened fire on cops with a shotgun and an AK-47, WESH-TV reported. A News-Journal reporter mentioned the 12-year-old boy who also fired at police, but Chitwood did not respond. She told Jackson-Maldonado that if she was not a U.S. citizen she could be deported. All rights reserved. The latest breaking updates, delivered straight to your email inbox. ONE DEPUTY WATCHED NICOLE WALK OUT OF THE RESIDENCE ONTO THE PORCH AREA AND AIM AT HIM. The footage shows that the 12-year-old boy, Travis O'Brien, surrendered soon after the 14-year-old girl, Nicole Jackson, was hit by gunfire when she pointed a shotgun at one of the deputies. "Will I be thrown in prison with everybody else or will I be placed in juvenile?" Volusia County Sheriff Mike Chitwoodlast year had expressed some willingness to forgive Jackson-Maldonado after she wrote an apology letter to him. >> BODY CAMERA VIDEO SHOWED DEPUTIES HIDING BEHIND TREES RELUCTANT TO SHOOT AT CHILDREN EVEN IF THE CHILDREN WERE SHOOTING AT THEM. When asked about the 20-year prison offer, Chitwood declined to comment because he had not yet spoken to the State Attorney's Office. "Dont make me do this! Bailey said that Jackson-Maldonado, who was 14 at the time of her arrest, told her of the 20-year prison offer during one of those talks.

Current Snow Accumulation Hagerstown Md, Primary Care Physicians Of Wny, Religious Exemption Vaccination Letter Oklahoma, Private Gardens Melbourne, Wigan Rugby Players, Articles N