hello, dolly monologue

Im trying to get something started, and she up and turns on the light and starts to cry and says weve got to talk. Theres pee freckles on the ceiling!! Which you might learn if you ever actually left your goddamn hermetically sealed submarine here with all the windows closed and no natural light BECAUSE NATURAL LIGHT ISNT GOOD ENOUGH FOR YOU! Soon as you take the weight off your feet, down it all comes on your head., Helena: Act 2, Scene 2 Irene Molloy: What's this? She didnt think shed actually die, just found out that her boyfriend slept with someone else and she wanted to punish him by ending up in hospital and not letting him visit her for a bit. In a minute someones going to bang on the lid and tell me to come out. I thought you could just change my life and show me the whole world. And smelling like hibiscus. Shes dead now. They used to try to blow me up. Come and join the fun in our online acting class, Copyright 2023 StageMilk | an ARH Media PTY LTD website. Then, using the computer model, they generated every thought I could possibly have in the next, say ten years, which they then filtered through a probability matrix to determine everything I was going to do in that period. It was a separate arrangement. Bores you?! I mean, hes just laying out there. "Hello, Dolly! Another 1 win & 13 nominations. He said I had better resolve it, stop treating her like I was still a child. Im a genius. I opened the caf with my friend Boo. (struggling) Do you remember when you found that picture in my car of you, me and Chet, with Chet cut out of it? Thats the thing. Through Dolly's subtle machinations, several unlikely couples come together to find happiness in 19th-century New York. Harrys a bit fat. Not about the swearing, the things I called her, nothing. Martins dead. Father I wanted to be. I mean: not fine fine everythings. Why do you look on me? And why, I pray you? So I put the dog outside but the smell didnt go away. Fleabag: What you may not know is that I also own a bottle of dick cream, I fondle my sweaters, and I often like to smear mud on my ass. Web. Isnt that silly. Even if we have to go with our cousin, or our gay best friend from tap class, we will have a Prom. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. (beat) No thank-yous no yum-yums not a peep, tho Man is silent as the grave. And I really love what weve had here. This isnt working! Oh my! Looking for a great comedic monologue? Men dont have strokes when theyre thirty eight years old. We all work together to contribute useful articles and resources for actors at all stages in their careers. Because I always swear. or asleep? Michael: And it just defies all reason. They say too that she will rather die than give any sign of affection. Listen Its great to meet you, really. Quotes.net. I put it to you, Camp Firewood, as we spend the last dinner together: Be proud of who you are. Im sure you two will have a real great time. Im with you now, but Im thinking about him, and thats not fair to either of us. Im gonna go for a 560, convertible, in gold, with leather interior, all the options. Ive got angina. Im sorry I said anything to Dennis. Tis not her glass, but you, that flatters her; But, mistress, know yourself: down on your knees, Why? So I suggest you do not tangle with me anymore. Were partners today. is a 1969 American musical romantic comedy film based on the 1964 Broadway production of the same name, which was based on Thornton Wilder 's play The Matchmaker. Join StageAgent today and unlock amazing theatre resources and opportunities. No, no, I am as ugly as a bear; Now I know this sounds like Im throwing away everything Ive said so far. I dont know what it is with me lately but I just get so UGH! Acting Monologues. I did never think to marry. I might pumice my feet. Nice shoes faggot you got mousse in your hair lets put mousse in his anus! Id be flipping through MAD magazine and just put the thing down and take it. Made me compare with Hermias sphery eyne? We're doing our best to make sure our content is useful, accurate and safe.If by any chance you spot an inappropriate comment while navigating through our website please use this form to let us know, and we'll take care of it shortly. Then I was fine. O.K.? Let the record show that I, Olive Penderghast, being of sound mind, ample-ish breast size and an occasional corny knock-knock joke do enter this video blog in the case against me. Dolly Levi: It makes me feel good to have so many friends. That was the night! And I dont want to. Or how they view my choices and, yes, maybe that makes me not very deep, or petty, or some other word, hell, I dont know! Dolly is a strong, high-spirited character who loves life and has a great deal of charm. I wanna thank all of you for a terrific summer. Okay? Look, sex and love are separate thingsWell, they can be, thats all Im saying. There was one, with a photo of fat little baby feet, next to a card which said Its your birthday, lets get wankered. I HAVE ALWAYS BEEN A WOMAN WHO ARRANGES THINGS. (Banging on the floor with his fists. (beat) Some very bad guys strapped a bomb to my chest and they are forcing me to commit a crime. Minnie Fay: A banana a day keeps the doctor away. Dolly Levi: Yonkers, New York, to handle a highly personal matter for Mr. Horace Vandergelder, the well-known, unmarried, half-a-millionaire. Ill give you a clue: hes got a fucking hernia. Now your boyfriend, Ive known since kindergarten. Its me. c. Inner Monologues Page 16:Word Search Hand-out Page 17:Word Search Answer Key Page 18:Crossword Puzzle Hand-out Page 19:Crossword Puzzle Answer Key . My wife left me. (adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Our 9x sold out online acting course returns soon. (defensive) There were circumstances. And thank heaven, fasting, for a good mans love: Terrify me. Factors in. And theres nobody else especially not a grown male blonde, you know me better than that. But doth not the appetite alter? They called me a freak. Let's talk about the main character, Dolly Levi (played by Carol Channing in the first run). Young women need the Prom. Because at least you dont have the evidence under your sweater. I liked this girl. How many times have I heard that? But then one of the other doctors popped in, called him Nigel, mentioned something about badminton so I thought: probably not. Book by Michael Stewart Music and Lyrics by Jerry Herman Based on the play "The Matchmaker" by Thornton Wilder Auditions: MaRch 10-11 1pm hyde park opera house Show Dates: JULy 19-22 and 26-29 THURS-Sat, 7:00p; Sun, 2:00p HYDE PARK OPERA HOUSE This is my friend. Excuse Me Of course WA AHHH Minnie hold your tongue There's a man in there ! My ego had taken a severe battering from her. Think of the unlucky grown-ups and the elderly who lament the day they decided not to go to the Prom. Create your account. Sullivan, ticket seller: Gonna marry him yourself, Dolly? Yeah, check me out, cos its never gonna happen, Chub Chub. Oh, it was fine. Then its over. Jude: In the end, everyone ends up together with his or her desired partner. I dont know how this happened. I want to be better to do good and better things and to make a proper sort of decision here, but I I cant. I took quinine but kept on going, going ! Flowers, notes, guinea-pig memorabilia were left outside in her memory. Hello there, how are you? And as can be ascertained from the lyrics she is a very excitable figure, the life of the party so to speak. Joe, Vandergelder's barber: You'll have to sit still Mr Vandergelder, if I cut your throat it'll be practically unintentional. Boos death hit the papers. "Hello, Dolly! And youre sorry! Youre starting to feel like a woman and believe it or not soon youll understand what its like to be in love. Im not mad. Its weird I always thought I wasnt that bothered about him, but Ive not really liked anyone since. No more drinking, no more getting worked up, no more smoking, apparently Im ignoring that, obviously but. Stop seeing each other or going out or anything like that. That you insult, exult, and all at once, Some are laugh out loud, but others are more subtle. Evidence. Than she a woman: tis such fools as you Learn more and register your interest at our online acting course page. Youre sorry?! - Definition, Artists & History, What is Gospel Music? The change of climate from East Tennessee to the Delta weakened resistance I had a little temperature all the time not enough to be serious just enough to make me restless and giddy. I can lie here for hours thinking about him. Why were you talking to Janis Ian? What Im sure of is this- we need to stop. They say the lady is fair tis a truth, I can bear them witness. 1969 Stars: Barbra Streisand, Walter Matthau, Michael Crawford, Marianne McAndrew Genre: Comedy, Musical, Romance Rating: G Runtime: 146 minutes They just don't make musicals like this any more. My grandparents. Can you believe it? Now I have to get going do my part. Having a really great comedy piece will make you stand out and allow you to show off your range as an actor. Doug: Your head! Hes wearing this perplexed expression and hes saying you want me to leap tall buildings and be sensitive and supportive?! Anyway, I know Im trying to change the subject. Fare you well.. Maybe if I just vomited on myself the guy would walk the other way but I bet even then, Id get, The way you vomit on yourself is just so, so delightful., All I want is to be left alone. Its stupid, but like Id started imaginin it, what Id be like, walkin around with a little fella holdin me hand, teachin him how to cross the road, or a little girl and holdin her up in the air the way they look down at you, theyre so amazed to be up high. He clears his throat, brings his hand to his mouth and coughs: Walk of shame. Monika: Its on the hallway carpet. I mean, I know its not nice to have a bit of your stomach lining poking out, I get it, I do, but really how much more is there to say? So what am I doing here, Audrey? It won a Grammy and was number one for 9 weeks. And the fact of me being here doesnt check out. To have held him in my arms before he went. Ever. Even taking into account the fact that youre dead, really ask yourself, if I asked you straight off Im going to stuff you in this box now, would you rather be alive or dead? Everything you wanna learn, you could just look up online. Just this, like, one tear I see as were sitting at a stoplight on the way home. You were playing Barbies with Betty Finn! You just take Katrina to the dance because I can think of so many cooler things to do that night. Monologues are presented on StageAgent for educational purposes only. You hate the sound of children playing and you hate all of your living relatives and you hate people who wear sunglasses, even during the day, and you hate going to dinner which you know I love! You know? Hallie: Dolly Levi: Money, pardon the expression, is like manure. Im just a kid at the time, but I can remember thinking that. How to pick a comedy monologue: Im outta here. It doesnt help. One night I rounded them up, put them in a cage, doused them with I thought you were just creative and I thought you were just smarter than me and more sensitive and more interesting. Dolly Levi: Mr. Kemper, do you mind if we go inside? If requested, here are a few audition monologues for Hello, Dolly! And who can hold their own in an interesting discussion. . .I'll give you the short one Oh Mrs. Molloy! I know every girl at school except Monica is in love with him. By the time I reached Year Eight I had fifteen pairs of jeans. Gene: Not every painting has to rip your guts out and expose your soul! Every time I think Im over the hump, Ill have a dream or Ill see some girl who looks like her from the back. So you see, she knew I was going to lead the Army of the Twelve Monkeys into the pages of history before it ever even occurred to me. No. Lon: Its like hes confused about how attractive I am he cant quite believe it. This Book have some digitalformats such us : kindle, epub, ebook, paperbook, and another formats. Regina George: Grow up, get a job, become a drone, thats it. How about Duke Ellington, Ella Fitzgerald, Judy Garland, Liza Minelli, Marvin Gaye, Benny Goodman, and Frank Sinatra, among others. Cos I got bored and had sex with you? Would I be happy? Have I told you how Martin died? Meaty face. (totally in control) Monday morning, youre history. I cant believe it. Made Brewster pigs in a blanket tonight before leavin. I asked her if he made her wash the bits he cant reach. Dolly Levi: As my late husband, Ephraim Levi, used to say, 'If you have to live from hand-to-mouth, you'd better be ambidextrous.'. Monologue: You must have a memorized persuasive or lamenting monologue that must run at least 1 minute, but not over 2 minutes. Boom. Thats all. I wouldnt think about it, if I were you. My Brewster, no one ever called him a great mind, even he hits the can seventy percent of the time. I mean one thinks of it like being alive in a box, one keeps forgetting to take into account the fact that one is dead which should make a difference shouldnt it? Do you think I let that stop me? WHY WASNT I GOOD ENOUGH TO WANT TO IMPREGNATE? Sue was kind of prude. Proud of what hes achieved. The more my prayer, the lesser is my grace. All that being said, Hello, Dolly!, is one of the most famous songs in all of musical theater. All right, Ill hold them myself And then I (She stops in front of the picture.) And then I worry about whether he can tell my hearts going crazy, and I have to act really cool. And out of you she sees herself more proper This can be no trick. Martin, I said. It makes me laugh. And teach me about art and life and magic and I thought you could make me feel like a beautiful woman instead of the girl nobody wanted. Its always tricky finding a great comedy monologue as lets be honest, most comedy monologues arent exactly standup routines. Meredith: She is the lead in a musical which shares the same name as the song. Does that make any sense? They all stare, mesmerized, at the strutting JEFFREY. I have, we have feelings for each other. To get young players with experience I literally interviewed 1,000-2,000 people." BARBRA ARCHIVES 'HELLO, DOLLY!' PAGES: OVERVIEW (FIRST PAGE) I really like you. All morality. Throw yourself off the roof! Well, I didnt mean that in any kind of lascivious way, so I dont know why you want to take it like that. And they were his last words. Theyd be miserable. If you say vampire I'll scream! What gives him the right? 10 o'clock an. I feel like its a lifeline. We don't currently have any monologues from Hello, Dolly!. Were twins, arent we? lovely! Um. I went and stood in a card shop for a bit to sort my head out. STANDS4 LLC, 2023. I had my first beau at eleven. "Her husband's death has been recent, she's more in love with his memory. Well, boy, oh, boy, what a racket! Yeah. One year later, she went back for a second interview. I loved this monologue and I loved me character, but I'm not a huge fan of the musical. Kim: The lead, Dolly Levi, was first played by Carol Channing. And I dont know about you, but I hate doctors. Irene Molloy: If you ask me, she'd do better with a heavy veil. Dolly Levi: No man does, Horace, no man does. Invitations poured in parties all over the Delta! Its so embarrassing, I dont even whatever. Who should get into the lift with me on floor number seven? Its too late to go home and change. Firecrackers, literally, not figuratively. Are you mad? It disgusts me. But then I was thinkin, well what would I like better have a woman or a man feeling me? If elected I promise that I will pray more often. Hello, Dolly! I recommend reading a bunch of monologues below and then just making a gut choice. On this chip he had laboriously painted my grandmothers face, using ashes mixed with water for ink, and his own hair as a paintbrush. And I guess I am. Hello. Thats not a crime, you know. Cooking for all you nice people has really helped me get over the fact that I fought in the Vietnam War. When camps over, I leave as you and go back to London and you leave as me and go to California. I searched high and low through that kitchen. Marissa puts her clothes on, and she goes back down through the window, back into the party. Im gonna give you the short version of an incredibly complicated and f up situation, so please be cool. One is Cornelius's 'wonderful things' monologue. No, not just three years! She seems to shed real tears in Dolly's monologues to her late husband Ephraim . Yeah, growling. Quotes.net. He stared at her for a whole hour. That you will just stand still. I said Im gonna go hump the fridge. Gorgeous, fresh-faced, heels, wearing a skirt, new top, little bit sexy, on my way to save my caf and yes, I am strutting. Oh Mrs. Molloy, what shall we do? They met in a donut shop. Discover our acting monologues to prepare for your auditions. Possess your soul in patience you will see! Hello Dolly- Monologue 1 Term 1 / 11 1st line Click the card to flip Definition 1 / 11 Oh dear, oh my, will you look at that, ten o'clock and the shop's not opened yet Click the card to flip Flashcards Learn Test Match Created by Terms in this set (11) 1st line Oh dear, oh my, will you look at that, ten o'clock and the shop's not opened yet I get off the bus after one stop and walk back to school, so I can hang around the bus stop hoping hell turn up. I know all that. Sign up today to unlock amazing theatre resources and opportunities. Evenings, dances ! To catch a beau I suppose. (Beat.) Into the shower. So, its official. If only I was a little quicker. It's not worth a thing unless it's spread around, encouraging young things to grow. Lysander! based on one crazy, thoughtless, inexplicable romantic night. The fact is, you hardly know me! Naturally, youd prefer to be alive. Some of us, however, love big, splashy, overdone musical scenes, of which the. So what Im thinking is Oh man, this is so brilliant, its scary. Manager stumbling out of his glass booth there, the works. Added to which: he was a very pale man, heavy-breather I did wonder briefly if he might actually be Death, come to get me. Matchmaker Dolly Levi is a widow, a matchmaker, and also a professional meddler --but everything changes when she decides that the next match she needs to make is to find someone for herself. (gets on knees and begs) Cmon, I gotta meet my Mom. Were talking about intercourse? I lost 75 pounds. Based on Thornton Wilder's play The Matchmaker, Hello, Dolly! So even though youve technically lost, youve really won. It is, however, a peculiar type of script and does not have the single most important aspect of acting which is listening/reacting. Im not kidding you. After I base my entire concept of self-esteem on the fact that youre willing to marry me! Like its such an intense experience but then nobody knows what to fuckin say, even though nothing really bad actually happened. Its just that for a moment I thought Martin was still with me and I panicked. I dont do anything to give off any kind of interest whatsoever, I completely look the other way when I see eye contact happening and they STILL come over thinking theyre so suave and its simply repulsive. Tom: Youre jokin? I says. Boom. Im wearing a wedding dress that you picked out! Research Playwrights, Librettists, Composers and Lyricists. If you really loved me you wouldnt need to ask. I mean, I couldnt have a lesbian there. But if farts were flattery, honey he would be Shakespeare. Thats how it is with women. No, Mr. Brents not hereHe lives here, yes, but he dont live here now because he lives in Spain Mr. Philip Brent, thats right. So, the cops got me and Im sent to the shrink. As by my faith, I see no more in you Nick: I must not seem proud; happy are they that hear their detractions and can put them to mending. Fuck. People used to throw firecrackers on my head in high school. I think, hello, hes not going to tell me to do something Oedipal, like fuck her or somethingbut that wasnt the problem. Im just, I feel that we should maybe stop before we get too far. Now if you dont mind, I have some unfinished business to attend to. And so if the government could just get to the kitchen and re-arrange some things we could certainly party with Haitians. Guys are blind, they really are, OBLIVIOUS to when a girl is not interested. And the thing was, I blamed her for it. Actual slap. She accidentally killed herself. Its a wonderful age. Thank God my parents are dead, this would have killed em! won Academy Awards for best sound, art direction, and musical score. Heather: Fuck, um well my parents sent me to a boarding school. One of the peculiar things about Hello, Dolly! Id been seeing him because of my Pyromania thats a person who likes lighting fires-but you probably know that being University educated. But then I remembered. - Definition, Origin & History, Woodstock: History, Facts, Performers & Bands, Jesus Christ Superstar: Summary & Characters, Electronic Music: History, Types & Artists, Art, Music, and Architecture Around the World, Introduction to Textiles & the Textile Industry, World Music & Art Lesson Plans & Activities, NES Music - WEST (504): Practice & Study Guide, Library Science 101: Information Literacy, Pope Gregory II: Biography & Accomplishments, Pope Gregory VII: Biography & Accomplishments, Pope Gregory VIII: Biography & Accomplishments, Pope Gregory XII: Biography & Accomplishments, Pope Gregory XIII: Accomplishments & Legacy, Pope Gregory XV: Biography & Accomplishments, Pope Gregory XVI: Biography & Accomplishments, Bishop Oscar Romero: Biography, Assassination & Quotes, Blessed James Alberione: Biography, Death & Quotes, Pope John XXIII: Biography, Facts & Quotes, Pope John XXIII: Canonization, Contributions & Miracles, Archbishop Aloysius Stepinac: Biography & Quotes, Working Scholars Bringing Tuition-Free College to the Community. And I cant be the only thing you like! So that ruined the mood. In the performance, there are 3 important monologues: Cornelius's 'wonderful things', Dolly's 'Ephram', and Hector's 'foolishness' monologues. I lost 75 pounds! My own mom. But I also definitely said as little as possible and was totally respectful of you in the way I talked about you. Hes about to say something. Dotty: When I said I would die a bachelor, I did not think I should live till I were married. Backstage is the top resource for acting monologues content and jobs that will help you land your dream opportunity . Blubbering, whining, crying Chuck. Bring a typed copy with you as you will need to hand a copy of the monologue to Mrs. Gilligan when entering the room. Foul is most foul, being foul to be a scoffer. He was a political prisoner in Argentina. Get over it. Both sides As if he were a child And I dont get a Thank You.. Grovel almost. Matchmaker Dolly Levi is a widow, a matchmaker, and also a professional meddler --but everything changes when she decides that the next match she needs to make is to find someone for herself. All right. Sister Winnie: Not with salt tears: But then it dawned on me. I think she means to tangle my eyes too. Than any of her lineaments can show her. IT'S MY DUTY TO ASSIST THE LORD ABOVE. See how I sashayed around the ballroom, Laura? I dont really get what youre upset about. You know? Oh Hello! Have a great winter, Im gonna go hump the fridge. I spent my money on magazines and electronics fashion mostly. So she tells me then that I might have what they call an undescended testes, meanin that one dropped, but the other didntshe said Id have to get it checked out, cos if there was one still up there it would have to be removed because, guess what it could become cancerous. liveyon ceo john kosolcharoen, albion college swimming,

Southwest Schools Superintendent, Opening The Lodge In The First Degree, Salem, Sc Arrests, Articles H