daniel 7 explained

In the finale episode, a heavily pregnant Beverly takes a call from her sister, before going to their fancy birthing centre to meet. So the Greek/Seleucid Empire that came 5. Then I wanted to know the true meaning of the fourth beast, which was different from all the others and most terrifying , with its iron teeth and bronze claws - the beast that crushed and devoured its victims and trampled underfoot whatever was left. We read above that this last kingdom will be different from the others and will devour the whole earth. So Daniel got a beautiful insight into these things. MOKAVE He was making war against the saints prevailing against them. This kingdom would be given power over the saints for 3 times. Luke 2:1). 28 Hitherto is the end of the matter. He will rule, and Gods people will reign with Him, and His kingdom will last forever. 21I beheld, and the same horn made war with the saints, and prevailed against them; 22Until the Ancient of days came, and judgment was given to the saints of the most High; and the time came that the saints possessed the kingdom. The visions of my head troubled me, an again (Daniel 7:28; Daniel 7:28), my cogitations much troubled me. Coming to the Ancient of days and receiving the authority, the dominion, the glory, the kingdom, that all of the world should rule. And it was said unto them that they should rest yet FOR A LITTLE TIME (until all the future martyrs who were yet to die in the faith should join them). (g) This would be a persecuting power: and shall wear out the saints of the Most High, Daniel 7:25. from one of Alexanders generals became dominant over the other makes a powerful impression on Daniel: it is dreadful Well, good question. It was, and still is, quite common to associate kingdoms and nations with animals. Consider that the apostle John was very amazed by the same beast (Rev 17:3-6). Behold a fourth beast This fourth kingdom can be no other than the Roman empire, which answers this emphatical description better than any of the former kingdoms. Dont let beast confuse you. He blasphemously challenged the Almighty and cruelly persecuted his people, even making special laws so that the whole power of the state could be turned against them. After the four empires, the saints of the most High will take the kingdom forever and ever. of Zachcamy do zapoznania si z polityk przed wyraeniem zgody. Second was Persia under Cyrus and Darius, ranked somewhat inferior to Babylonian glory. Thank God for the visions and dreams given in the book of The angel repeated the facts already revealed (Daniel 7:7), but clarified that the previous description referred to a kingdom. And so he beheld these horns until they were cast down and he saw actually the throne of God, the Ancient of days, and all of the splendor and glory surrounding the throne of God. Rome was built of iron. (3) The same remark may be made as to the symbolic application of the language - taking it for a much longer period than literally three years and a half; that is, regarding each day as standing for a year, and thus considering it as denoting twelve hundred and sixty years. The prophet sees four beasts ( Daniel 7:17) representing four kingdoms (verse 17). WebSee Daniel 7:1, Daniel 7:7. beasts come out of a stormy sea. Not Nebuchadnezzar or any other single ruler fulfils any of these kings. We are rather dealing with four kingdoms, empires, dominions, or political entities. horns in its rise to power). For such lust for dominion never existed before; wars were heaped upon wars, they were alike greedy of the blood of others, and by no means sparing of their own. This fits in well with the majesty and authority of Nebuchadnezzar in his reign The And I beheld [he said] till the thrones were cast down ( Daniel 7:9 ), You remember in Nebuchadnezzar's vision, the stone hit the feet in its the stone hit the image in his feet and the image crumbled; it was cast down. After them another king will arise, different from the earlier ones; he will subdue three kings. To start off, the guys hit on the two quarterbacks picked on Day 2, as the Titans picked Will Levis in the second round (1:48) and the Lions picked Hendon Hooker in the third round (5:35). The word here used for the body properly signifies a sheath or scabbard, for the body is no more to the soul; that is the weapon; it is that which we are principally to take care of. 14And there was given him dominion, and glory, and a kingdom, that all people, nations, and languages, should serve him: his dominion is an everlasting dominion, which shall not pass away, and his kingdom that which shall not be destroyed. Thus in Ezekiel 4:6, where the prophet was commanded to lie upon his right side forty days, it is expressly said that it was symbolic or emblematic: I have appointed thee each day for a year. No one can doubt that it would be strictly consistent with prophetic usage to suppose that the time here might be symbolic, and that a longer time might be referred to than the literal interpretation would require. the other horns. When the dregs of the people were collected, Claudius made a law for the banishment of the king of Cyprus, and this he accomplished by his single voice, without the use of force at all. Yet most people today have never heard of John Gill. If you have seen the movie Gladiator then you've got an idea of what went on there! like the eyes of a man and a mouth. He specifically wanted further explanation of the fourth kingdom and little horn. It was different a religious kingdom rather than a political or military one. the little horn grows, three And of His kingdom there shall be no end" ( Luke 1:30-33 ). So it is quite possible that what you see today in the European community is actually the beginning of the fulfillment of these prophecies of Daniel. All that is needed according to some is just the right 'crisis' to bring it in! I beheld till the thrones were cast down. What is this same horn that shall prevail so far against the saints?" And, of course, he watched it until this rock came, not cut with hands, that hit the image in its feet and the whole image crumbled, and the rock grew into a mountain that covered the earth.Now we have a parallel vision by Daniel. Some will have the fourth kingdom to be that of the Seleucid, and the little horn to be Antiochus, and show the accomplishment of all this in the history of the Maccabees; so Junius, Piscator, Polanus, Broughton, and many others: but others will have the fourth kingdom to be that of the Romans, and the little horn to be Julius Csar, and the succeeding emperors (says Calvin), the antichrist, the papal kingdom (says Mr. Joseph Mede), that wicked one, which, as this little horn, is to be consumed by the brightness of Christ's second coming. WebDaniel 7:12. WebDaniel 7:27-28 meaning After destroying the boastful horn, God will give rulership to the Son of Man and His people forever. This same period when God will nourish his Church in the wilderness, protecting her from Satan's hatred, is also called in Revelation 12:6 A THOUSAND TWO HUNDRED AND THREE-SCORE DAYS. This kingdom would arrogantly try to change politics and Gods laws. of its conquests ". ten kingdoms will appear from out of the Roman Empire. One horn grows larger than the others and is It had eagle's wings that were plucked. And unfortunately, though man likes to pat himself on the back for what wonderful achievements he has made, God's view of these empires is the real truth! It Daniel was not content with this limited interpretation, as he wanted details explained. This could not be shown to be a violation of prophetic usage, or to be forbidden by the nature of prophetic language, because nothing is more common than symbols, and because there are actual instances in which such an interpretation must be understood. Here only do we read about the Ancient of Days three times in this chapter. I considered the horns, and, behold, there came up among them another little horn, before whom there were three of the first horns plucked up by the roots: and, behold, in this horn were eyes like the eyes of man, and a mouth speaking great things., http://www.historicism.com with its feet. But the judgment of the Ancient of Days will take away his dominion. This period of three years and a half equals forty-two months, or twelve hundred and sixty days - the periods mentioned in Revelation 11:2; Revelation 12:6, and on which so much depends in the interpretation of that book. This corresponds exactly with the Daniel passage above that states that a 'little horn' will come up among the other ten and will take control. Now I cannot prove either side to be wrong; and therefore, since prophecies sometimes have many fulfillings, and we ought to give scripture its full latitude (in this as in many other controversies), I am willing to allow that they are both in the right, and that this prophecy has primary reference to the Syrian empire, and was intended for the encouragement of the Jews who suffered under Antiochus, that they might see even these melancholy times foretold, but might foresee a glorious issue of them at last, and the final overthrow of their proud oppressors; and, which is best of all, might foresee, not long after, the setting up of the kingdom of the Messiah in the world, with the hopes of which it was usual with the former prophets to comfort the people of God in their distresses. It may be presumed, therefore, that in some sense of the term the period of a year is referred to. Now, chapter 7 is split up into an earthly and a heavenly scene. Cruelty was added to pride, for all looked up to the Romans, and conciliated the favor of Rome by flattery, for the purpose of raging savagely against; their own people. That the ten horns are ten kings, and the little horn is another king that shall subdue three kings, and shall be very abusive to God and his people, shall act, (1.) And beginning with chapter 7, we are now gonna go back and deal with visions that Daniel had during previous years. In connection with these studies, the Commentary on Revelation should be consulted. beasts in Daniel and Revelation are described as having ten horns; The three ribs in its mouth speak of the three great conquests this empire undertook in defeating Babylon, Lydia and Egypt. This kingdom would blaspheme with words against the most High. Tworzymy jzmioci donatury ipierwotnej symboliki. "So I beheld until these thrones, the ten kings, were cast down.". They are Babylon, Media-Persia, Greece, and Rome. - Gesenius, Lexicon; Lengerke, in loc. The leopard had four wings of a bird to indicate even enhanced speed. He sees the Son of God come to the Ancient of Days and receive His kingdom. The interpreting angel now granted the prophet more insight about the fourth beast and particularly about the little horn. It has And of the increase of His government and peace there shall be no end. That will be the subject of our next study. Daniel was much affected by the vision even after the interpretation by the angel (Dan 7:28). You won't want to miss a moment of the 2023 season! 16 I came near unto one of them that stood by, and asked him the truth of all this. Another view is that a "one-world government under a worldwide dictator" is in view. It was not of the ten: it was the eleventh horn; and it was different. And as for me Daniel, my cogitations much troubled me, and my countenance changed in me: but I kept the matter in my heart ( Daniel 7:26-28 ). Sign up now for the latest news and deals from Bible Gateway! Daniel saw a judgment where authority and especially the little horn were judged. The above understanding of these mysterious time-references in Daniel and Revelation is absolutely necessary to any complete understanding of these prophecies. It was characterized by dreadful and terrible strength exceedingly. beast is increasingly uncommon. pulled out by the probably meaning both in appearance and in the way in which it Later revelation seems to support the second view (Revelation 13). ; and it would seem to be much more probable that such method would be adopted as designating the time referred to than a literal method. The boastful horn on the fourth beast is a king who will wage war against Gods people, but will be destroyed by God. As far as concerns the Roman Empire, we know it to have been more extensive and powerful than the other monarchies. At this point in the examination of the passage, the only object is to look at it exegetically; to examine it as language apart from the application, or unbiassed by any purpose of application; and though absolute certainty cannot perhaps be obtained, yet the following may be regarded as exegetically probable: (1) The word time may be viewed as denoting a year: I mean a year rather than a week, a month, or any other period - because a year is a more marked and important portion of time, and because a day, a week, a month, is so short that it cannot be reasonably supposed that it is intended. ), which in Daniel 2:44 is explained as meaning that the kingdom of God will bring to an end all those kingdoms. Every one of these means "The whole Christian Dispensation.". reliance on engineering and technology to apply its might. At length they penetrated to Asia, and Antiochus was banished beyond the Taurus; his kingdom afterwards became their prey, then they obtained possession of Syria. A courtroom with many thrones appears. This beast But the saints of the Most High will receive the kingdom and will possess it forever - yes, for ever and ever.' While the Roman Empire officially ended in 476 AD, the Bible clearly shows that there will be a revival of the Roman Empire in the last days. 11I beheld then because of the voice of the great words which the horn spake: I beheld even till the beast was slain, and his body destroyed, and given to the burning flame. He sees Jesus coming with clouds of heaven. (h) It would claim legislative power, the power of changing established customs and laws: and think to change times and laws, Daniel 7:25. (4) It may be added, that there are some circumstances, even considering the passage with reference only to the interpretation of the language, and with no view to the question of its application, which would make this appear probable. During his reign, he subdued the All of the different kingdoms, including the different phases of the fourth kingdom, can be seen in the following taken from Arnold Fructenbaum's book "The footsteps of the Messiah". There are several other passages that confirm this length of time for his rule (see Daniel 9:27, 12:11, Rev 12:6). He afterwards confirms what we said before; it will fall, says he, and break to pieces, and tread down the whole earth This was fulfilled after Gaul and Britain were subdued, Germany partially subjugated, and Illyrieum, Greece, and Macedon, reduced to submission. Ultimately of course, it is only a temporary measure until one man assumes full control. vision. For they knew how many innocent persons everywhere perished in every city, a kind of diversion which delighted them; they were fully aware how easy it was to attract all the power of the whole world to themselves, when it was able to put forth neither strength, nor skill, nor power against them. But at the end of that time the judgment shall sit and take away his dominion (Daniel 7:26; Daniel 7:26), which he expounds (Daniel 7:11; Daniel 7:11) of the beast being slain and his body destroyed. He shall trample upon laws and customs, human and divine. On the judges throne sits the Ancient of Days: God. Judgment is given to the saints of the Most High. After, the group hit on some more notable picks, including the Steelers taking CB Joey Porter Jr. in the second round (13:35). Just as Antiochus Epiphanes, this latter king will ultimately be defeated by God. If we were to get more specific, it could also be said that the 'great sea' that the beasts arise from is a pointer to the Mediterranean Sea for all of these kingdoms will arise from that areas surrounding that sea. Very few instances can be referred to in which this is done. This kingdom would wear out the saints by extended persecution. And behold, you will conceive and bear a Son and thou shall Him Jesus and He shall be great. (e) It would subdue three kings; that is, three of the ten, and we are to look for the fulfillment in some manifestation of that power by which, either literally three of them were overthrown, or by which about one-third of their power was taken away. The The browser you are using is no longer supported on this site. There would be the exercise of some kind of authority in regard to existing times for festivals, or other occasions, and to existing laws, and there would be a purpose so to change them as to accomplish his own ends. His kingdom will be an everlasting kingdom, and all rulers will worship and obey him.' [1] Why use an image of a beast you ask? (Ok, so having a flightless bird that has no means of defense may not have been the wisest choice to illustrate our nation's strength! The mention of the exact number of three, however, would rather seem to imply that we are to expect some such exact fulfillment, or some prostration of three sovereignties by the new power that would arise. Dan 7:7-8 'After that, in my vision at night I looked, and there before me was a fourth beast - terrifying and frightening and very powerful. distracted by and pondering them, he saw another One of Gods heavenly servants explained to Daniel the meaning of the vision. the horns, I should also say that the recipe for this study is 9 parts Bible prophecy lightly mixed and stirred with 1 part conspiracy theory. 1. Daniel, in the close, when he ends that matter, tells us what impressions this vision made upon him; it overwhelmed his spirits to such a degree that his countenance was changed, and it made him look pale; but he kept the matter in his heart. "Shall be diverse " This is twice mentioned - in both Daniel 7: 24 and Daniel 7:25. relates thatwhile The three other beasts lost power, but their lives were not totally extinguished. Teeth - great teeth, are often used as the symbols of cruelty, or of a The fourth beast (Rome) is more bizarre and terrifying than the others; it has ten horns on its head and teeth of iron. We see the brightness of God as He sits there upon the throne. Out of this large, singular kingdom ten smaller kingdoms shall arise. its powerful legacy and influence lasts to this day. 1354.] [2]. (See also Editors Preface to volume on Revelation.). That is, it would entirely and forever cease. Daniel 7. The iron teeth and bronze claws might indicate Romes It has intelligence its eyes are everywhere as overseer and by the confessional. ul. As Consider that we are in mid-October facing the triple-threat of holy days: Halloween, Christmas, Easter. The angel, therefore, announces the fourth kingdom as different from, the others. First was Babylon under Nebuchadnezzar and his sons, ranked highest in glory and splendor. Rome continued in a Germanic conglomerate called the Holy Roman Empire. The Roman empire was known for their use of iron and the iron represented their immense strength. Daniel sees clearly the glory of the throne room of Almighty God (Rev 4-5). Four great beasts, each different from the others, came up out of the sea . Daniel 7 Commentary(1) -- He shall think to change times and laws, to abolish all the ordinances and institutions of religion, and to bring every body to say and do just as he would have them. The Latin Vulgate is indefinite - ad tempus; so the Greek - heos kairou; so the Syriac, and so Luther - eine Zeit; and so Lengerke - eine Zeit. The kingdom of the Lord Jesus Christ will take the dominion and last forever and ever. But the full accomplishment of this will be in the everlasting happiness of the saints, the kingdom that cannot be moved, which we, according to his promise, look for (that is the greatness of the kingdom), the crown of glory that fades not away--that is the everlasting kingdom. He adds that the little horn made war with the saints of the most High. writes that he kept Daniel 1:1-2:4 a was written in Hebrew. This horn had eyes like the eyes of a man and a mouth that spoke boastfully. All Christ's enemies shall be made his footstool, and shall be consumed and destroyed to the end: these were the apostle uses concerning the man of sin, 2 Thessalonians 2:8. 8 While I was contemplating the horns, behold, another horn, a little one, came up among them, and three of the first horns were pulled out by the roots before it; and behold, this horn possessed eyes like the eyes of a man and a mouth uttering great boasts. Here we have, I. It came up among them, in that it came from the same area as the others. The Medo-Persian empire was known for it's use of silver. What is the reason? Daniel Now I considered the horns [that is, the ten horns of this final beast], and, behold, there came up among them another little horn, before whom there were three of the first horns plucked up by the roots: and, behold, in this horn were eyes like the eyes of a man, and a mouth speaking great things ( Daniel 7:8 ). Leaving purely beastly language, he sees thrones, indicative of rule, cast down. [5] My personal view is that these 'saints' are the believers during the Antichrist's reign in the second part of the tribulation. Hope you're ok with that! (b) This designation of time occurs in the midst of symbols - where all is symbol - the beasts, the horns, the little horn, etc. This horn had eyes, to indicate intelligence, knowledge, and oversight. And this also refers, (1.) The word rendered think ( sebar) means, more properly, to hope; and the idea here is, that he hopes and trusts to be able to change times and laws. The authority of the little horn (identified with the fourth beast of Daniel) is stated in Revelation 13:5 to continue for FORTY AND TWO MONTHS. Out of this kingdom will come 10 kings and finally a last king will arise that will overpower the saints of God. Fructembaum points out that this was never fulfilled in the Roman empire of 2000 years ago and its fulfilment will be seen in the last days before Jesus' return. This is made clear by passages such as Matt 24:15 and 2 Thessalonians 2:4. This is the same with Nebuchadnezzar's foresight of the stone cut out of the mountain without This would embrace the following points: (1) There was to be a fourth kingdom on the earth: the fourth beast shall be the fourth kingdom upon earth, Daniel 7:23. For while we have been looking at what mankind is plotting on earth, there is a whole different plan being hatched in heaven and the schemes of the antichrist are soon to be dramatically interrupted by the King of kings and the Lord of lords! Now, Daniel focuses most of his attention on the fourth beast. The first and main inquiry pertains, of course, to its literal and proper signification. The fourth beast has iron teeth and destroys whatever it wants. I saw - a fourth beast - it had great iron teeth This is allowed, on all hands, to be the Roman empire. Introduction: The first six chapters of Daniel record events in his life, and the last six prophecies given to him. The bear is inferior to a lion and Persia never equalled Babylons grandeur. 23Thus he said, The fourth beast shall be the fourth kingdom upon earth, which shall be diverse from all kingdoms, and shall devour the whole earth, and shall tread it down, and break it in pieces. A fourth beast The Roman empire. 6. until the Ancient of days came, and judgment was given to the saints of the Most High; and the time came that the saints possessed the kingdom ( Daniel 7:22 ). To report dead links, typos, or html errors or suggestions about making these resources more useful use the convenient, Baker Evangelical Dictionary of Biblical Theology, Hastings' Dictionary of the New Testament. From Gesenius, time, specially an appointed time, season: Ecclesiastes 3:1; Nehemiah 2:6; Esther 9:27, Esther 9:31. The design of Satan has been to wear out the saints of the Most High, that they may be no more in remembrance; but the attempt is vain, for while the world stands God will have a church in it. He has a joyful prospect given him of the prevalency of God's kingdom among men, and its victory over all opposition at last. and crushed 2. The Bible describes a beast similar to the Roman beast in Revelation 13:1, Then I saw a beast coming up out of the sea, having ten horns and seven heads, and on his horns were ten diadems, and on his heads were blasphemous names. The likely interpretation is that both beasts represent an earthly king or kings who will defy God, who will rule wickedly, empowered by Satan, who will directly oppose Gods people, and who declares himself god. Daniel Notes - these are fairly detailed and cover Daniel 1-12; FLOYD HITCHCOCK. It is much more vicious and alarming than the three other beasts, all And, behold, one like the Son of man - It is remarkable that Daniel does not attempt to represent this by any symbol. Antiochus Epiphanes Greek by I Gordon. 'This is the end of the matter. God shall judge the world by his Son, to whom he has committed all judgment, and, as an earnest of that, he comes for the deliverance of his oppressed people, comes for the setting up of his kingdom in the world. And we should not try to construct any other number. If that was to occur then the saints would not be given into the hands of the Antichrist for the last 3 years. 16I came near unto one of them that stood by, and asked him the truth of all this. WebWhen Assyrian power had ebbed by 625 B.C., the Neo-Babylonians conquered: 1) Assyria with its capital Nineveh in 612 B.C. It is the total time between the First Advent and the Second Advent of Christ. He shall speak great words against the Most High, setting him, and his authority and justice, at defiance. King James Version (KJV). of the first horns are Jesus is seated at Gods right hand waiting for the appointed time (Rev 2:26-27). Now, if you're saying 'I think I've seen these nations before' then you would be correct. All rights reserved. This would be done by an act of Divine judgment, or as if a solemn judgment should be held, and a sentence pronounced. Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and press into His kingdom, and you will be saved in the day of wrath! and terrifying and extremely strong. So this is an important chapter in understanding the rest of this book. Glory! We cannot violate this! beast. Each beast represents a kingdom that will rise and fall. The link between chapters 2 and 7 can be seen in the following table: Known for its use of gold and the swiftness of its conquests (emphasized by the depiction of eagles wings) until its wings were torn off and the heart of a man was given to it (this emphasizes Nebuchadnezzar's conversion from the proud ruler to humble servant of the living God). The phrase for a time expresses accurately the meaning of the original word. The first three beasts represent Babylon, Medo-Persia, and Greece. 27And the kingdom and dominion, and the greatness of the kingdom under the whole heaven, shall be given to the people of the saints of the most High, whose kingdom is an everlasting kingdom, and all dominions shall serve and obey him.

Webpayments Billmatrix Vystar, Dke Uva Address, The Moroccan Empire In America, Articles D