telescope cloudy nights

Our club was recently donated a large amount of vintage telescopes, ATM materials, and other items from someone who was really hoarding them. A small camera tracker such as the iOptron SkyGuider Pro is more than enough. When asked whether he could make the attacks stop, he said he didnt know [the HackForum members] well enough., We caught Osama bin Laden, right? To work out which eyepiece will give you this magnification, find the focal length of your telescope and divide it by the focal length of the eyepiece. Know when it's clear outside Seven day forecast with hourly updates Free IOS App Free Android App Easy red-amber-green traffic light indicators Low, medium, high & total cloud cover Moon phase & rise/set times Civil/nautical/astronomical darkness times Sun rise/set/transit times ISS passovers Annual darkness chart If you are consistent doing this, eventually you wind up with an extensive library of frames to use which is good for processing your images. Start your free trial to work with data gathered by a network of professional telescopes located in both hemispheres under the best night skies. The meager It has an internal filter system and I don't see anywhere that would require electricity. In comparison, the RedCat 51 is faster at F/4.9, but the Z73 gives you more aperture and almost twice the reach. Stellafane is a good idea as a backup, though! Thanks for the write-up. The Sharpstar 94EDPH turns out to be a competent instrument and a good value for its $1495 asking price. - Classic Telescopes - Cloudy Nights Cloudy Nights Equipment Discussions Classic Telescopes CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Discussing all aspects of restoring, collecting, and observing with older scopes. The bigger the difference between the inside- and outside-focus patterns, the greater the aberration. Ok, Ive got my target session plan (and a backup plan) optimized to make the most of the nights that are getting longer. Unfortunately, I have to state that the TEC 140 lost in the direct side-by-side chromatic aberration comparison test, otherwise the TEC is practically perfect from the optical point of view. The amount of content contained within these videos is staggering! Lets get right to it. Fell in love with the feel and looks of this incredible little scope.. First light was just days agomy target was the lunar surfacethe image was razor sharp..the contrast of craters, rills. Often, this is the reason for fluctuations in price between models with similar specifications. Well, here are a few things I do to take advantage of this kind of situation.My first choice is to take a healthy dose of calibration frames, specifically dark frames, and add them to my dark library collection. Regarding the War in Ukraine Posted by cbwerner Page 1 of 689 1 2 3 Next From the 1780s to the mid-1990s - refractors, reflectors, and early SCTs. Coming soonthe highly requested Comets forum! If the effect is bad it can make pin-sharp views impossible. But at the time, he was deadly serious. This is an overview of the instruments that I consider to be a contender for the best beginner astrophotography telescope. Dont forget to factor in extras such as the color-matched dovetail bar, Flat73 field flattener, or tube mounting rings for an autoguiding system. The IMX224 is popular for planetary or guiding, if you are making a system with a single integrated sensor it makes no sense apart from saving costs, which is from your review the major factor going on here (i.e. I am still not appreciating the real difference (other than technical) between looking at an image in real time comprised of 15 images a minute and stacked, vs and Astrophotography image which is comprised of longer exposures, but still stacked, processed and tweaked to get an image. Focal Ratio: f/6 This is a wide-field astrophotography telescope that can also be used for visual observations through the eyepiece. (to be fair though, they responded As an example, the William Optics RedCat 51 has a focal length of 250mm. The version 1.3 makes the images alot better too! The Community represents Telescope Live's virtual living room, where people exchange ideas and questions around astrophotography and astronomy. I guess you can say that I am late to the party. This article first appeared on Cloudy Nights Telescope Reviews, a fantastic resource for Amateur Astronomers Check it out at www.cloudynights.com At every turn these days we are seeing the impact of high quality, inexpensive electronics on our hobby. Overall, the Zenithstar 73 Doublet is an excellent value and the perfect wide-field astrophotography telescope. Cloudy Nights moderators, meanwhile, had a good idea who was behind the attack. As to the consistency of the optics and quality control, a sample of one has little statistical validity. The William Optics RedCat 51 is available at Agena Astro. A single forum post was enough to direct a temporarily devastating attack on a small business, while federal computer crime laws meant that same post could now come with life-changing consequences. How many of you took the time to learn the sky BEFORE you got your first telescope? If it hasnt, you will see stars bleeding. the target. You also run the risk of damaging the gear in transit. Post a picture of your refractors (part 9). Therefore, iStar Optical can be congratulated on a very well made optical instrument. Any ideas? Telescope Live Ltd Whos Afraid of a Phantom: Istar Phantom 140mm F/6.5, that is? Diameter: 73mm The dust and reflected light associated with the Iris Nebula, Back in 2012 when I wrote this post, I had no idea of the dedication needed for astrophotography. As it is, set-up and operation are easy, making for a satisfying introduction to observing the night sky. Next to the study of Earth-grazing asteroids, I can think of no more important branch of astronomy. If your 150mm-aperture telescope has a focal length of 1,200mm, youll need to divide the focal length (1,200mm) by the magnification (240x) to get the eyepieces focal length, which turns out to be 5mm. If the outer ring has little spikes, like whiskers, radiating from it, it shows that the mirror has a turned-down edge. Goodyear swore innocence at first, but after increasingly pointed questioning, he confessed. I told myself I wasn't a collector. 6se Dovetail on EQ Mount Started by vikings1989 , Apr 30 2023 06:25 PM Celestron SCT No replies to this topic How many would you estimate are available with the EVscope? You need to love the process inside and out to push through the steep learning curve and inevitable frustrations along the way. But as soon as I used the Skyportal module again, the same problems came again: Declination didn't respond correctly and the mount was completely messed up, even a simple polar alignment became impossible. Even a crop-sensor (APS-C) sized DSLR like my Canon 600D produces a nice wide 688mm field of view for large deep sky imaging projects. It is also wise to confirm the mounting-style of the dovetail saddle on your telescope mount. Focal Length: 250mm New CGX Mount - posted in Celestron Computerized Telescopes: Hi all, Needing some advice from CGX owners. Limited capabilities compared to The star should be high in the sky so that atmospheric effects dont cause it to twinkle too much. The CF version has identical specs other than the fact that it is lighter and better at adapting to temperature. I found a clone of the MC online from Camera Concept in NY and after installation, all seemed to work fine. But I was getting tired of looking at the same old things thru different scopes only to have them look well, just the same. What I found about old Russian school telescopes. Of course, I will need to connect my SkyWatcher HEQ5 to my laptop via EQMOD first. It's a very good deep-sky telescope, is airline portable, and is, in all probability, a good choice for imagers, the 0.8 focal reducer yielding a fast optical system. Are you talking about a software update, adding something like software interpolation? You can look right through slow seeing to see sharp details as they dance around, because the eye does a wonderful job of following a slowly moving object. It's not clear why it cannot allow you to target your own objects. A webcam can help in a star test because you can see the images large on your laptops screen and you can capture an image to look at later on. The Baader Nano Tracker Travelling Mount is a great choice if you need a mount to to take away on holiday for some wide-field DSLR imaging. Depending on the size of your camera sensor, you may need a field flattener to achieve a flat field across the entire image. It was almost nonexistent.. Excellent write up. Youll be able to tell if the scope needs more time to cool if you can see streaks and streamers bleeding away from the out-of-focus view of your star. Secondly, I would not purchase another EVscope unless they improved their sensor. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay. Below, is a photo of me standing in my new SkySked POD XL5 observatory. Not knowing whats going to happen because you have no income coming in to pay peoples salaries sucks, says Bieler. I have not been able to achieve images of this quality using a Newtonian telescope. AstroBackyard. I just went up in, just the heat of the moment.. scope will drop out of EV mode. Cloudy Nights Telescope Specific Forums Meade Computerized Telescopes CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Online crimes are hard to trace, and thats a real problem for the people who are fighting online threats, swatting hoaxes, or ransomware operations. Canon 60Da DSLR and William Optics RedCat 51. 14" ACF LX200 focus problems Started by Crashpro , Apr 30 2023 06:23 AM Please log in to reply 5 replies to this topic The views from light polluted suburbia was beyond comprehension. Different vendors will offer various packages for the telescopes listed below. After all, beginners have enough to learn early on and should have the best telescope possible to avoid an agonizing experience in the dark. Lots of offenses besides cybercrimes can result in disproportionate sentences. I was just pissed, he told his visitors one from the Federal Bureau of Investigation and another from the Los Angeles Police Department. If you are pretty certain that conditions will clear later in the evening, get these frames out of the way before your main imaging session; then you dont have to worry about them later.My other choice of spending the time you have waiting for skies to clear?Research other targets that may be interested in for future sessions or as a backup to your current target if it moves out of position by the time skies clear.Resolve a nagging equipment problem. Telescope users recognize two types of atmospheric seeing: "slow" and "fast." Slow seeing makes stars and planets wiggle and wobble; fast seeing turns them into hazy balls that hardly move. Here is an interesting thread on Cloudy Nights comparing the Sky-Watcher EvoStar 80Ed with a comparable option from Stellarvue. The Lagoon and Trifid Nebulae captured using the William Optics RedCat 51. The CFAA is only one facet of the American justice systems problems, of course. The images were shot using narrowband filters to create false-color images of the Rosette Nebula and Heart Nebula. 10 of the Best Astrophotography Telescopes Available (2022), Sky-Watcher 0.85X focal reducer and corrector for Pro ED80, A diagonal for visual observation and mount alignment, Afinder scope with brackets for visual observation and autoguiding implementation, Tube rings and a dovetail bar, or an integrated dovetail for mounting, A carrying case to protect the telescope during travel and storage, A field flattener/reducer to create a flat field for imaging. The Sharpstar 94EDPH turns out to be a competent instrument and a good value for its $1495 asking price. My choices are heavily geared towards the practicality and usability of the telescope in an astrophotography situation. And the problem isnt just overlong prison terms. This is a piece of kit that uses a white LED and a small length of fibre-optic cable to make a star-like source of light. The last successful DDoS attempt was on August 30th, the day before Goodyear spoke to the FBI. I would guess it is something like drizzle, a common technique when stacking images. Its very likely that your scope will show signs of aberration. Thanks for the help, everyone - will update as things get sorted out. This, to me, is a disproportionately punitive sentence, says attorney Tor Ekeland of Goodyears 26-month term. Here are a few of my favorite pictures taken using the William Optics RedCat 51: Since this article was originally written, I have had the pleasure of testing a number of new refractor telescopes for astrophotography. Seems to be the original mass-production solar telescope available to the public. like a regular GOTO where you tell the scope where it is on the face of the The color correction is on point and Ive not seen any fringing or chromatic aberration in my images. There are always additional frames you can add for a range of exposure times; I currently have files for 1 minute, 2 minutes, 3 minutes, 5 minute and 7 1/2 minute exposures and generally for camera temperatures of -10 DegC and -20 DegC. London WC2H 9JQ If you dont have a short focal length eyepiece, you could use a 10mm eyepiece and a 2x Barlow lens. Focal Length: 480mm If the view goes off to one side or the shadow of the central obstruction (the secondary mirror) isnt perfectly central in the out-of-focus image (left), then the scope is out of collimation and needs to be adjusted. I have driven up to 4 hours to buy used astronomy equipment. They all include light baffles inside of the lens cell to reject stray light. Our club isn't looking to sell this, per se, though not opposed to that. This is a piece of kit that uses a white LED and a small length of fibre-optic cable to make a star-like source of light. Choose a night when the seeing is good with little turbulence in the atmosphere so that the stars arent twinkling much. This means that small errors in autoguiding are less noticeable than they would be through an SCT with a long focal length. I reached out to the Albion College Astronomy Club and their astro dept - looks like they had one installed there for a while, wondering if they might want a spare. Bieler describes Cloudy Night as generally a nice peaceful edge of the internet where moderators have handed out fewer than a dozen lifetime bans in over 15 years of operation. With an APS-C sized crop sensor like you find in the Canon T5i, the focal length becomes 400mm. A freeware program such as K3CCDTools can extract images from a webcam movie file so you can grab the images quickly when, for instance, the sky briefly clears during a night of passing cloud. It seems to work really well with auto guiding. The manufacturers of these refractors refer to APOs as ultra-high contrast. Sets up its own wireless network Not really intended for the Not sure it is 100% complete, but pretty darn close to it from photos I could scare up. Having my business down for a few weeks sucks. This will remove the effect from the pattern that you see. The compact and reliable refractors below have all proven themselves worthy of a night under the stars. The bigger question I would ask is why Orion, Skywatcher, Meade, Celestron (as well as ZWO and QHY) aren't in this market with add-ons for their much better scopes. The 5 telescopes on this list are all small Apochromatic Refractors. The only knock Ive seen on the Sky-Watcher EvoStar 80ED is the quality of the focuser. The image has to be reasonably stable so that you can see circular rings in the out-of-focus image (left). At 250mm, you may be wondering whether the RedCat has enough reach to photograph deep-sky objects in space in detail. The William Optics RedCat 51 is not only an incredibly useful apochromatic telescope/lens for astrophotography, but it is also one of the most beautiful optical instruments in the market. View in both live view (no I know that a lot of you image using wide-field refractors in the 80 127mm focal length range. A field-flattener and/or reducer may be required for a completely flat field of view to the edge of the frame. The William Optics Zenithstar 73 APO with a 50mm guide scope attached. It is literally killing him, he wrote in an email. They share the same focal length, size, and weight, yet use different ED glass. Youre looking for the same things whether youve got a reflector or a refractor. Goodyears old accounts came up. The package I purchased back in 2011 included a hard shell carry case, diagonal and an illuminated finder scope. As an avid amateur astronomer I'm committed to finding a good home for this, but can't keep in my basement forever. Some of the items ordered so far include accessories for equipment that is similar to mine. The Vanois Vespera smart telescope is an ambitious attempt at an all-in-one device for observing the night sky and for astrophotography. Focal Length: 480mm TS-Optics APO Refractor 85/510 mm - FCD100? One of his accounts had been banned a couple of weeks ago, he said. Shipping heavy items such as telescopes or mounts is expensive. At F/7.5 (or stopped down to F/6.3), the Sky-Watcher EvoStar 80ED is suitable for long-exposure astrophotography with your DSLR or mirrorless camera, one-shot-color astronomy camera, or even a monochrome CCD. Thanks for this write-up. Place it 25 to 50m (80 to 160ft) from the end of the telescope and you can star test even when its cloudy. With the knowledge you have collected during this process, would you purchase this instrument again? Curiosity about old vintage German telescope. Weight: 3.2 lbs "You'll get a nice sharp Milky Way at 30 seconds," says Kerss.. My CGE Pro started having pointing and tracking problems after installing the Celestron WLAN SkyPortal module and became completely useless. Let's get right to it. This story will tell the tale of the ultimate fate of the astrograph. Its the inhumane conditions of American prisons, which affect millions of people who are far less privileged than Goodyear, some of whom havent even been convicted of a crime. My official partner, Ontario Telescope & Accessories has been a huge success. This is the telescope I used to photograph the Andromeda Galaxy in a video I published in 2019. All of the telescopes on this list are air-spaced doublets or triplets. (250mm x 1.6 Crop factor). This means much more video content in the future, and sharing my experiences and reviews of specific astrophotography equipment. As a rule of thumb, you will need: Make sure you add these additional items (if necessary) to your overall budget before deciding on a particular scope. Cloudy Nights Telescope Specific Forums Celestron Computerized Telescopes CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. But one year later, Goodyear was arrested. Unfortunately, its kind of typical. Ekeland has represented figures like security researcher Justin Shafer and journalist Matthew Keys in cybercrime cases, and hes one of the CFAAs most outspoken critics. 71-75 Shelton Street Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay. Thank you for a nice, balanced and informative review of this product. In a press release, the Justice Department emphasized the importance of deterring sophisticated cybercrimes, which are difficult to trace and therefore particularly important to punish. But the way Goodyear described his crime was almost ridiculously unsophisticated. When the clouds finally part, Ill be ready. He never wanted Goodyear to be imprisoned at all, let alone for two years. Bieler told the agency that he was afraid his company would go out of business if the attacks continued, and that his father the companys founder had gone to the hospital with cardiac problems from the stress. There are a lot of features I love about the Z73, but here are the ones that really stand out. frs rod knock, commonlit answer key the lottery,

Snorkeling For Non Swimmers Oahu, Tazman James Net Worth, Articles T