2007 mercury mountaineer problems

If you continue to use this site, you consent to this use of cookies. All do-it-yourself projects entail some risk. This is definitely a safety hazard so why has for not recalled this" do people have to start dying before they do something". Donate your old car in minutes through the CarTalk Vehicle Donation Program. VW Sunroof Leak Lawsuit Settlement Reached, read stories from drivers who praise our work. Then, in 1848, the "Fond-Gillarde" gallery, which cut the siderite vein after 160m, was dug. PREMIER at the best online prices at eBay! 34 Electrical System problem of the 2007 Mercury Mountaineer Failure Date: 01/15/2015 Seat moved back for "easy exit" all vehicle components shut off and vehicle brakes locked up in the road then cut back on by itself and transmission jerked into gear like someone rear ended us! , , . to help you make better choices for lifes big moments and the everyday ones in between. , . Grenoble, city, capital of Isre dpartement, Auvergne-Rhne-Alpes rgion, southeastern France (Dauphin), southeast of Lyon. The second most common problem is related to the vehicle's power train My 2007 mercury mountaineer has a rebuilt transmission in it when I bought it. account information here. Ad-free. Muffler, pipes, catalytic converter, exhaust manifold, leaks. Its very common and should be recalled before someone gets seriously injured!!!! No codes are showing that I have a problem. CERTAIN CURVED TEMPERED REPLACEMENT GLASS MANUFACTURED BY HANGZHOU SAFETY GLASS LTD AND SUPPLIED TO SAFELITE BY AUTO TEMP INC., IDENTIFIED AS DOT-430, AND SOLD FOR USE ON CERTAIN DOMESTIC AND FOREIGN VEHICLES MAY NOT BREAK INTO SMALL PIECES AS EXPECTED OF TEMPERED GLASS AND FAILS TO CONFORM TO FEDERAL MOTOR VEHICLE SAFETY STANDARD NO. Squeaks, rattles, wind noises, loose or cracked seals and/or weather-stripping, air and water leaks. Transmission hard downshift when stopping or in slow traffic. Check Engine Light. Support NPR & the programs you love. Envo gratis en artculos seleccionados. Receive pricing updates, shopping tips & more! The PPMY index of a certain model is defined as the problems reported per thousand vehicles per Year.The total sales of the 2007 Mercury Mountaineer in the United States are 22,548 units .If the total number of problems reported by Mercury Mountaineer owners in the last 16 . Influence-free. I had to replace the transmission and some other related parts in my vehicle and I was informed by a dealership that there was a "silent recall" on this transmission and that even though Ford Motor Company was aware of the issues as early as 2000 they continue to install them in vehicles. 112 problems have been reported for the 2007 Mercury Mountaineer. (21 problems). I also have the problem with backing my vehicle, it jerks before backing. Aside from routine maintenance and some electrical problems, the car was surprisingly low-cost to operate. the following table can be used to compare the 2007 Mercury Mountaineer En eBay encuentras fabulosas ofertas en Ford Guardabarros para 2007 Mercury Mountaineer. NHTSA ID: 10026385. statistics and reliability analysis of the 2007 Mercury Mountaineer. The PPMY index of a certain model is defined as the problems reported per thousand vehicles per Year. Any duplicates or errors? Surges at stop lights, or will hesitate when the gas pedal is pushed. Shift is locked into park and will not shift to any gear and depressing lever button and brake will not release out of park. THE TRACTION CONTROL LIGHT STAYS ON UNTIL I TURN OFF AND RESTART. PPMY Index = 112 / 22,548 / 16 * 1000 = 0.31. Brake Repair. Join for Ratings and Reviews. The complaints are organized into groups with data published by vehicle, vehicle component, and specific problem. Engine rebuild or replacement, cylinder head, head gasket, turbo or supercharger, timing chain or timing belt. while the average number of problems reported for the 15 model years of the Mercury Mountaineer is 172. Updated 09/18/13 the consumer stated when she started the vehicle, the gear shift moved freely and would not engage any gear. 2007 Mountaineer: 10. Example: "Bad Brakes", "Toyota Recall", etc. Tenemos la seleccin ms grande y las mejores ofertas en Ford techos, Tops y techos solares para 2007 Mercury Mountaineer. The total sales of the 2007 Mercury Mountaineer in the United States are 22,548 units [1]. Bluetooth), voice control commands, steering wheel controls, portable music device interface (e.g., iPod/MP3 player), backup or other camera/sensors. For your 2007 Mercury Mountaineer We're Sorry Because our info comes from recent repairs and maintenance orders, sometimes there's not enough info available to display common problems for all. the following table can be used to compare the 2007 Mercury Mountaineer years since the debut of the 2007 Mercury Mountaineer in 2007. Please also check out the statistics and reliability analysis of the 2007 Mercury Mountaineer based on all problems reported for the 2007 Mountaineer. THIS RECALL ONLY PERTAINS TO CERTAIN CURVED TEMPERED REPLACEMENT GLASS MANUFACTURED BY HANGZHOU SAFETY GLASS, LTD. (DOT-430) AND SUPPLIED TO SAFELITE BY AUTO TEMP INC., AND HAS NO RELATION TO ANY ORIGINAL EQUIPMENT INSTALLED ON THE VEHICLES LISTED ABOVE. we still cannot get it fixed because we don't have the money!!! We use cookies to analyze & improve your experience, & to personalize content and ads. Front vehicle photos 1986-2018 Autodata, Inc. dba Chrome Data. The contact owns a 2007 Mercury Mountaineer. These charts provide the most comprehensive Oil Change. ", "Passenger side indicator light is constantly "on". We bought the car 2 years ago and a few months after we have purchased it, it started to act up. Curious how the 2007 Mountaineer compares to other years? Automatic Transmission Problems of Mercury Mountaineer - part 1. CarComplaints.com : Car complaints, car problems and defect information Latest News Your username maybe be your email address. ON. But clearly something is wrong. 2007 Mercury Mountaineer. thanks teresa. En eBay encuentras fabulosas ofertas en Bateras para 2007 Mercury Mountaineer. Common Ford Explorer Mercury Mountaineer Problems The Car Doctor 150K subscribers Subscribe 298K views 4 years ago In this episode of the common problems series for your viewing pleasure I. Unsubscribe any time. When we pull the shift gear to reversed, it jerks real bad as if we were rear ended. The 2007 Mercury Mountaineer has been recalled 1 time by NHTSA. In our research we use the PPMY index to compare the reliability of vehicles. In our research we use the PPMY index to compare the reliability of vehicles. The Msage mine is an old 19th-century iron exploitation, located on the Saint-Pierre-de-Msage territory, just at the end of the Romanche valley, 25 km south-east of Grenoble. We like just about everything about the Mountaineer. data for a specific year. The versatile interior has various folding seat arrangements and offers three-row seating. 112 problems have been reported for the 2007 Mercury Mountaineer. We drove the top-shelf V-8 in our four-wheel-drive Premier test model, which clocked in at $39,335. Encontrars artculos nuevos o usados en Bateras para 2007 Mercury Mountaineer en eBay. The number one most common problem is related to the vehicle's seats with 25 problems. Top 5. 2007 Mercury Mountaineer transmission problems with 7 complaints from Mountaineer owners. Is it time to move on? Update 09/26/13, While on the freeway my car started to loose power. Note that the number of problems reported for the 2007 Mountaineer is 112 Get to know the Mercury Mountaineer, and the problems or issues you might face with one, by watching this video! The failure mileage was 60,000. Driveshaft or axle, CV joint, differential, transfer case, 4WD/AWD components, driveline vibration, traction control, electronic stability control (ESC), electrical failure. Replace transmission lines (dealer noticed leak while doing brakes), repair transmission cooler lines, transmission service including new fluid and filter, replace fuel filter. If the report misses a problem, AutoCheck will buy the vehicle back! Vehicle will not shift out of park. We use cookies to analyze & improve your experience, & to personalize content and ads. The contact also stated that the shift cable failed during one of the occurrences. Again, the vehicle had to be towed. The failure appeared to occur more frequently in warm weather temperatures. 50900 mi. Will cost $1,000 to replace. Used 2007 Mercury Mountaineer Pricing. Power . Internet blogs show this is very common in Ford SUV's and not a new problem but overlooked for sure. In addition, the headlights failed intermittently. Most mechanical problems, such as noisy lifters or bearings, can't be detected by the engine controller and . "gear selector was loosely connected to the linkage cable causing gear changes irregularly", "Transmission would not lock in Park causing the ignition key to be stuck in the ignition lock", "irregular gear changes caused by loosely connected linkage cables". Are you considering buying one for yourself or a family member? The following chart shows the number of problems reported during each of the service I feel this is nonsense being this matter is getting worse!!! No problems with any plastic parts inside its actually pretty solid. The vehicle was not repaired. The is very unnerving in stop & go traffic as you have to keep your foot on the brake and leave a large space between the vehicle in front to avoid rear ending the other vehicle. 2022, CarProblemZoo.com All rights reserved. (21 problems). Bump the Mountaineer problem graphs up another notch. Since the first time this has happened on numerous occasions. "The Check Engine light came on and the EGR had to be replaced". THE RECALL BEGAN ON JANUARY 15, 2008. In this video, Andy points out the top 5 most common problems we have found with the 3rd generation Mountaineer, and he gives you tips on how you can fix those problems yourself!0:00 Top Problems Mercury Mountaineer 3rd Gen 2006-100:14 Front Hub Assembly0:40 Electronic Running Boards1:12 Shift Interlock Control Module1:38 Heater Control Actuator \u0026 Door2:12 Intake Manifold Runner Control Module | P2007/P20072:45 SUBSCRIBE! Example: "Bad Brakes", "Toyota Recall", etc. 110 problems have been reported for the 2007 Mercury Mountaineer. WHOLESALE CUSTOMERS CAN CONTACT SAFELITE'S WHOLESALE DIVISION, SERVICE AUTOGLASS TOLL FREE AT 1-888-246-6298. Name (s) in local language (s): Mine des Chalanches, Allemont, Isre, Rhne-Alpes, France. For more information, refer to this page: A study of reliability comparison across Mercury Mountaineer model year vehicles. Sensor replacement will cost $1,500. Took vehicle to aamco as our Ford dealership is deplorable, aamco could not detect any defects. Find many great new & used options and get the best deals for 2008 Mercury Mountaineer AWD . Don't waste your time wasting ours! Sooner or later this will cause an accident. For more information on how we collect and use this information, please review our Privacy Policy. Top 2007 Mercury Mountaineer Problems Crack on Lift Gate 322 people have reported this 183 Heater Stuck on Hottest Setting Due to Broken Heater Blend Door 128 people have reported this 55 Problems With 5-speed Automatic Transmission are Common 101 people have reported this 39 Replace Rear Wiper Motor if Rear Wiper Blade is Not Working Finally I find out this is a throttle position sensor made by Ford. Top 5 Problems Mercury Mountaineer SUV 3rd Generation 2006-10 - YouTube 0:00 / 2:57 Top Problems Mercury Mountaineer 3rd Gen 2006-10 Top Problems with Your Vehicle! CarComplaints.com is an online automotive complaint resource that uses graphs to show automotive defect patterns, based on complaint data submitted by visitors to the site. Check engine light, sensors (includes O2 or oxygen sensor), emission control devices (includes EGR), engine computer, engine computer, fuel cap, fuel gauge/sender, fuel injection system, fuel pump, fuel leaks, stalling or hesitation. Vehicle's transmission "clunks" or hard shifts, when slowing down and coming to a stop, or at low speeds. Only this time reverse was park, neutral was reverse, drive was neutral and 3 was drive. When traveling in "overdrive", upon acceleration, the transmission will buck, violently depending how hard you press on the pedal. I rarely have a passenger so have elected not to replace the sensor.". The consumer stated the vehicle made a noise when the gear was placed in reverse. years since the debut of the 2007 Mercury Mountaineer in 2007. And there has been many Ford cars and parts experiencing this same thing. Complaints are spread across multiple & redundant categories, & are not organized by problem. Browse Categories Answer Questions . TSB ID: TSB-08-9-5. For more information, refer to this page: A study of reliability comparison across Mercury Mountaineer model year vehicles. It wouldn't shift into any gears after driving it but once it sat for a bit it shifted fine so we Tested it. RETAIL CUSTOMERS CAN CONTACT SAFELITE TOLL FREE AT 1-888-843-2906. Transmission jukes ahead while traveling on long distances and short. 2000 Mountaineer: 29. They are talking to Ford hq for direction and have tried unsuccessfully to fix it so far. I have already hit my garage because I was not able to stop the vehicle. We don't sell/share your email. A heated windshield is. Encontrars artculos nuevos o usados en Ford Guardabarros para 2007 Mercury Mountaineer en eBay. Mercury Mountaineer owners have reported 101 problems related to automatic transmission (under the power train category). So how do you find out what problems are occurring? A few times, the shift gear would be stuck. The contact was always concerned about the safety risk and defect in the vehicle. While driving various speeds, the vehicle would jump and jerk. In this episode of the common problems series for your viewing pleasure I give you \"Common Problems for Ford Explorer and Mercury Mountaineer Vehicles\". However, upon arrival it was not stuck in park anymore. The only time this will not happen is if you control the vehicle speed with the cruise control. No information contained in this video shall create any expressed or implied warranty or guarantee of any particular result. Wheel Alignment. It is the sole responsibility of the viewer to assume this risk. Search Fixya. Reset your password. My transmission jerks as I accelerate during travel. Vehicle has 19,000 miles and is still under factory warranty. It was determined the gear shift lever circuit board needed to be replaced. I haven, T had it go to the dealer as of yet for inspection, so there are no conclusions as of yet as to what may be wrong. Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the. are trademarks of Autobeef LLC, All rights reserved. The following chart shows the 18 most common problems for 2007 Mercury Mountaineer. The following chart shows the 26 most common problems for Mercury Mountaineer cars. The standard 4.0-liter V6 performs adequately but sounds coarse. Get answers and make your voice heard! Accessory belts and pulleys, engine computer, engine mounts, engine knock or ping, oil leaks. "The cabin heater water valve was leaking and it was replaced", "Most recent issue was a hose rupture. 1999 . En eBay encuentras fabulosas ofertas en Ford techos, Tops y techos solares para 2007 Mercury Mountaineer. My thermostat housing unit was leaking (this is very common with these cars and very dangerous, needs immediate attention!) Passwords are 6-20 characters with at least one number and letter. Vehicle surges almost "leaps" forward while at a stop when foot taken off of brake pedal. Reliability indicates how models have performed in the past, providing the basis for predicting how the vehicles will hold up in the year ahead. Consumer writes in regards to acceleration and console lighting issues and problems with back windshield wipers. Paint (fading, chalking, cracking, or peeling), loose interior and exterior trim or moldings, rust. It has a smooth, quiet ride. An X indicates that the vehicle was not manufactured for a specific year. The repair shop recommended the consumer activate the emergency brake, at all times. We had the wrench light and check engine light come on. Now it's 4000 miles over warranty, and the problem is getting worse. The following chart shows the 18 most common problems for 2007 Mercury Mountaineer. The contact owns a 2007 Mercury Mountaineer. The number one most common problem is related to the vehicle's seats This score shows whether the model had more or fewer problems overall than the average model of that year, calculated from the total number of problems reported by subscribers in all 17 trouble spots. A study of reliability comparison across Mercury Mountaineer model year vehicles. Save products you love, products you own and much more! The contact has had problems with the vehicle since she purchased it. SAFELITE WILL NOTIFY ITS RETAIL CUSTOMERS AND REPLACE THE GLASS FREE OF CHARGE. Check out our Mercury Mountaineer overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Mountaineer. When I apply gas and use the passing gear to accelerate it shakes violently. I have done nothing but oil changes (66,000) and never had any kind of work on it. I have five kids of my own and also use it for work transporting kids and the interior (leather) cleans easily. The failure and current mileages were 30000. Powered by consumers. reliability information available to consumers. The police gave her a ticket for careless driving. The total sales of the 2007 Mercury Mountaineer in the United States are 22,548 units [1]. The Mountaineer is a clone of the Ford Explorer. SAFELITE WILL NOTIFY ITS WHOLESALE CUSTOMERS AND REIMBURSE WHOLESALE CUSTOMERS FOR CURRENT INVENTORY AND AT A SPECIFIED RATE FOR REPLACING THEIR CUSTOMER'S GLASS. I know there is something wrong, but no one will fix this. Spark Plug Replacement. The contact owns a 2007 Mercury Mountaineer. . "CarComplaints.com" , "Autobeef", "What's Wrong With YOUR Car?" We still dont recognize that sign in. If the total number of problems reported by Mercury Mountaineer owners in the last 16 years is 112, and the age of the vehicle is 16, the PPMY index can then be calculated as. The Reliability score is based on our latest subscriber survey If you continue to use this site, you consent to this use of cookies. Almost hit vehicle in front. This seems like it may be a defect because I have never experienced this problem out of many vehicles I have owned for years. The complaints are organized into groups with data published by vehicle, vehicle component, and specific problem. The consumer called the repair shop, and someone came out to her house. Table 1. Handling is sound and secure but doesn't stand out in its class. PPMY Index and Problem Occurrence Trend. They are now looking at megatronics. Discover your dream home among our modern houses, penthouses and. Transmission rebuild or replacement, torque converter, clutch replacement. The Isre divides the city into two unequal parts. These charts provide the most comprehensive reliability information available to consumers. Edmunds lets you track your vehicle's value over time so you can decide when to sell or trade in. Tenemos la seleccin ms grande y las mejores ofertas en Neumticos para Mercury Mountaineer. Transmission jerks ahead while traveling on long distances and short. 46200 mi. On June 10, 2013. "Transmissio replaced at approx cost of $3500", Cruise control, clock, warning lights, body control module, keyless entry, wiper motor or washer, tire pressure monitor, interior or exterior lights, horn, gauges, 12V power plug, remote engine start, alarm or security system, "Misfire of sparks plugs on 4 different occasions in the past year. She was informed that the slight incline of the driveway where it was parked may have caused the weight of the vehicle to sit on the park ball causing the gear to hold the shifter. I have utilized every feature and function of this vehicle. The vein has been exploited during . what, I have to wait for my vehicle to die before I can get something done about it?!!! Including the roof rack, Class II hitch, AWD, cargo area, child seating, etc., etc. The technician found the shift cable off and the shifter was not working properly. Another Mountaineer owner refers to it as a "bump stop". With that said, I also love my 2007. 2007 Ford Explorer 4x4 / XLT (#275666713985) d***d (116) - Feedback left by . Gear selector or linkage, leaks, transmission computer, transmission sensor or solenoid, clutch adjustment, rough shifting, slipping transmission. . In the video I refer to specific repair videos which are linked below. - Mercury 2007 Mountaineer question. AutoCheck . I've had this vehicle for about a week and I am very pleased with it. The most recently reported issues are listed below. The manufacturer was notified of the defects. THE DEALER CAN FIND NO PROBLEMS. Antilock system (ABS), parking brake, master cylinder, calipers, rotors, pulsation or vibration, squeaking, brake failure or wear. I take an in depth look at the most common problems associated with these vehicles along with helpful tips for repair and servicing. It normally takes us an hour so to do it but tonight, it was worst. The vehicle was taken to an independent mechanic and it was diagnosed that the transmission failed. Donate your old car in minutes through the CarTalk Vehicle Donation Program. Three problems related to automatic transmission have been reported for the 2007 Mercury Mountaineer. "Premier model rear wall-mounted A/C compressor for rear passengers replaced", "Vent system controls needed replacement. Example: "Bad Brakes", "Toyota Recall", etc. 2007 Mercury Mariner Premier review 4.6. . The V8 is stronger and sounds better. Reliability indicates how models have performed in the past, providing the basis for predicting The dealer and manufacturer were not made aware of the failure. If you look online you will see quite a number of complaints on this transmission. Also rear window heater defroster strips don't all heat up", "this is the second leek, over the last 7 years", "Section of tubing at top rear of engine developed a break/leak". Tenemos la seleccin ms grande y las mejores ofertas en Bateras para 2007 Mercury Mountaineer. Bump the Mountaineer problem graphs up another notch. The ride is . Curious how the 2007 Mountaineer compares to other years? The worst complaints are transmission slips, jerks into gear, transmission stuck in drive. while the average number of problems reported for the 15 model years of the Mercury Mountaineer is 172. "How do you say "NORMAL". Overall, we are very happy with this vehicle and would recommend it to anyone. "Radiator leak. When making the decision between buying a new or used Mercury Mountaineer, Search CarComplaints.com for these popular complaint phrases CarComplaints.com is an online automotive complaint resource that uses graphs to show automotive defect patterns, based on complaint data submitted by visitors to the site. 2004 Mercury Mountaineer review 5.0. . Engine light goes in and out. VW Sunroof Leak Lawsuit Settlement Reached, read stories from drivers who praise our work. For more information on how we collect and use this information, please review our Privacy Policy. The owner comments describe problems respondents experienced with this vehicle. Envo gratis en artculos seleccionados. Blower (fan) motor, A/C compressor, condenser, evaporator, heater system, automatic climate control, refrigerant leakage, electrical failure. I would push on the gas and the car would not accelerate. We are very happy with our purchase. "Air bag warning on dashboard constantly on. California consumers may exercise their CCPA rights here. 2004 Mountaineer: 27. 2005 Mountaineer: 6. I purchased the vehicle from huntington Ford in rochester hill and bought the extended warranty and was told by Ford service department this is not covered and would cost $500 just for the part.

Dunkin Competitive Advantage, Police Chase Acworth, Ga, What Happened To Jason's Son On Seal Team, Articles OTHER