international high school paterson nj application

Per diem position. Contact Info. HighSchoolChoice@paterson.k12.nj.us. Average salary for all teachers within the district. And Ive learned so much from not only the teachers in the classes but outside the classes from students, guidance counselors, even the principals. (973) 321-2280 Phone | (973) 321-2283Fax, Accessibility | Non-Discrimination | Title IX, International HIgh SChool Principal Dr. C. Forfia-Dion, 2020-2021 District and School Grade Report, International High School National Chinese Honor Society, Directions to 200 Grand St. Paterson, NJ 07501, 2020-2021 District and School Grade Report (2).pdf (PDF). Many successful high school students end up in remedial math courses in college. Approximately 175 students will be selected for admission to the Paterson Public School Accelerated Cohort. Garrett Morgan Academy in Paterson, NJ - US News Best High Schools Paterson Public School District New Jersey Districts New Jersey High Schools Education Home Garrett Morgan. Paterson Public School District New Jersey Districts New Jersey High Schools Education Home International High School 200 Grand Street, Paterson, New Jersey | (973) 321-2280 # 5,555. Office, johnsonc@paterson.k12.nj.us. . It was wonderful. Eastside High School; International High School; John F. Kennedy High School; . The first day of school I really felt safe and welcomed. I met great friends and have many great memories from that school. In some instances, schools hire teachers part time, and some teachers are hired for specialized instruction with very small class sizes. Administration. Average SAT composite score out of 1600, as reported by Niche users from this school. Vice Principal - Mr. Matthew Caruso - Email: mcaruso@paterson.k12.nj.us Vice Principal - Mr. Paul Vander Wende - Email: pvanderwende@paterson.k12.nj.us Administrative assistants Administrative Assistant - Izamar Guzman - Email: guzmani@paterson.k12.nj.us Administrative Assistant - April Martin - Email: amartin@paterson.k12.nj.us We and our partners use cookies to Store and/or access information on a device. . of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. Parents and guardians,we invite you to fill out our 2021-2022 parent and student compact. of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. To stimulate deep thinking and to hone problem-solving skills through student centered instruction. 9-12. The school has a very diverse selection of clubs including Spanish, Chinese, and French Club. I transferred to International High School going into my junior year. A lot of the students from my school went to two other schools to play for either or and they made up the majority of that school's team. Students selected for the program will be admitted to an honors program aimed at preparing students for the rigors of advanced coursework during their 11th and 12th grade years. Average ACT composite score out of 36, as reported by Niche users from this school. Parents and students below you will find the contact information for the administrative team at International High School. Learn about the, Students who are unprepared for college-level work may find themselves in. If you have already applied and on a current waiting list, you do not need to submit another application. Who knows how far, high, long, or successful our ambitions can take us? Online Job Employment Applications, Web Based Employment Applications for School Districts and Educational Institutions -, PATERSON PUBLIC SCHOOLS TEACHER JOB FAIR ON MAY 9, 2023, Health/Physical Education Teacher Vacancies, PUERTO RICO TEACHING CANDIDATES APPLY HERE, BEFORE/AFTER/SATURDAY PRGMS (INTERNAL ONLY) (35), FULL SERVICE COMMUNITY SCHOOL BASED PROGRAMS (3), SPECIAL SERVICES / STUDENT SUPPORT SERVICES (CST) (23), Academy of Earth & Space Science / PANTHER (1), Dr. Frank Napier Jr. Academy of Technology (4), Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Educational Complex (4), Eastside High School Campus-Operations (12), Eastside HS Campus & JFK Educational Complex (2), John F. Kennedy Educational Complex -Operational (22), John F. Kennedy High School-Instructional (6), Office of Data, Accountability and Technology (1), Paterson Adult & Continuing Education (8), Rosa Parks HS of Fine & Performings Arts (7), School #06/Senator Frank R. Lautenberg (3), School #24/Fine & Performing Arts Program (6), School #28/Academy of Gifted & Talented (2), Submit an internal application/transfer form. There are also IB classes provided at this school. The application button can also be found on the homepage. You will be sent an Email to verify your review. Make changes to the header and footer on the "Edit Header and Footer" tab on the left. TheAccelerated Cohort at Internationalis designed specifically for students who have the motivation and habits of mind to meet above-grade level academic standards. Wood-Ridge Junior/Senior High School. One drawback would have to be the fact that the school is located near a highway (and emissions are not filtered outdoors). In the school, however, there's the International Baccalaureate Programme. According to state test scores, 7% of students are at least proficient in math and 38% in reading. Per Pupil Expenditures for International High School. I really enjoyed my sophomore year at International High School. Sports play a big role in my life and it was a bit inconvenient to go to a different school to play for them. of students agree that they feel safe at their school. Parents and students below you will find the contact information for the administrative team at International High School and Garrett Morgan Academy. . Overall these 4 years, it was a pretty good school for me, the environment was good as were the teachers. GreatSchools is a 501(c)(3) not-for-profit organization, How do high schools help students succeed in college? Explore International High School test scores, graduation rate, SAT ACT scores, and popular colleges. If I hadnt changed because of international I dont know where Id be, and I thank the school for helping and be there every step of the way. Powered by Frontline Recruiting and Hiring , Powered by Frontline Technologies - AppliTrack, Applicant Tracking for Educators. Provides auto-suggestions when entering text, Most Diverse Public High Schools in New Jersey. The teachers push you to become better. It is a diverse environment and there are many opportunities to expand one's horizons. CDL, Driver, Land Transportation, Truck Driver. Rank History for International High School, test scores: New Jersey Department of Education, rankings: SchoolDigger.com, Enrollment information for International High School. If your application for the 2023-2024 academic year is not processed, we encourage you to apply for the 2024-2025 academic year. 7-12. The teachers are great, courses are rigorous, and the school is extremely diverse. *. With this program, it will lead you to a higher college or university and start your career and future in the best way possible! The IHS application window is now open This year Garrett Morgan Academy became part of International High School. 4. TheDistrict has a subscription tonetTrekker, an educational solution that helps teachers and studentsfind engaging and appropriate digital learning resources in all core content areas from a wide range of online content providers. There are also IB classes provided at this school. High School really does go fast, I cant believe I am a senior. These and other factors contribute to the student/teacher ratio. Students, access your bookshelf at learning ally Access a whole library of books at read.learningally.org. That's something that can hopefully be added to my high school. To cultivate a high level of self-actualization where students take responsibility for their actions and their choices. (973) 321-2280. If you have questions about any of our high schools or about the high school choice process, please email highschoolchoice@paterson.k12.nj.us Information Brochures English Spanish Arabic Bengali For more information about how the Department of Education defines ethnicity, see, Students eligible for free or discounted lunch at International High School, About Students eligible for discounted/free lunch. Standard Bell schedule: Check your schedule for Room Numbers. Continue with Recommended Cookies. Grades 9-12. 3. Paterson, NJ 07501 The one thing I noticed was the lack in school events which I feel is very important to help students interact with another. Public 9-12. Student Growth Objectives-Sign In Required, Rosa L. Parks School of Fine & Performing Arts High School, Managed by the Paterson Public Schools Communications Department, Blackboard Web Community Manager Privacy Policy (Updated), Is recognized and respected by the worlds leading. Not all the teachers are good at their subject, but there are still some that do a great job. I have learned a lot from this school and I still have more to learn. This will be instrumental in allowing your dreams and aspirations to open a world of opportunities for you. Provides auto-suggestions when entering text, Niche requires Javascript to work correctly. Manage Settings However, there seems to not be equal chances for opportunities for all students. Or download the Learning Ally app onto your device! International High School ranks in the bottom 8.9% of New Jersey high schools. The consent submitted will only be used for data processing originating from this website. Does this school offer opportunity for all its students, or leave some behind? To foster diversity, respect for others and a commitment to the betterment of mankind. The mission of this program is to provide a rigorous academic experience for students who have demonstrated high achievement across content areas in middle school and would like to begin exploring our more advanced curriculum and content in their ninth grade year. The teachers are amazing and super nice. In addition to the PPS graduation requirements, ACI students will: 1) Participate in a family orientation prior to acceptance into the program. IMPORTANT: As a result of applying for a new vacancy or position, you may need to provide additional information on your application. To view the purposes they believe they have legitimate interest for, or to object to this data processing use the vendor list link below. The school is small and that made it feel very family oriented, it made it feel safe . Support our mission. Now it seems like they are just trying to cover there ass. Job in Paterson - Passaic County - NJ New Jersey - USA , 07501. Note: For private schools, Student/teacher ratio may not include Pre-Kindergarten. Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents. In the 2021-22 school year, 685 students attended International High School. Any student that needs access or does not have a ppsstudent google account, please contact mcaruso@paterson.k12.nj.us, Student schedules can be found on infinite campus. Sports & Extracurricular Activities Eastside High School . District Cell Phone: 973-626-3467. Because states implement these tests differently, use caution when comparing this data to data from another state. As part of the High School Restructuring initiative, Paterson STEAM HS opened its doors in Fall 2022. . 1998-2023 GreatSchools.org All Rights Reserved. The school is not very rich, and we have fundraisers almost every week. Popular points of interest near 260 Grand St include Mexico Bar & Grill, Beso Lounge, and Mango's bar & lounge. Understand what. Please note that a smaller student/teacher ratio does not necessarily translate to smaller class size. As a graduate or an alumni of International High School, I would say things went pretty smooth. Please do not hesitate to contact us with any questions or concerns. Very good school. International High School (7) John F. Kennedy Educational Complex -Operational (22) John F. Kennedy High School-Instructional (6) Joseph A. Taub School (5) New Roberto Clemente School (2) Newcomers @ School #15 (1) Norman S. Weir School (5) Office of Data, Accountability and Technology (1) Paterson Adult & Continuing Education (8) Paterson P . Listing for: Summitt Trucking. Principal of International High School & Garrett Morgan Academy, (973) 321-2540 Phone (Main Office) | (973) 321-2544 (Guidance), "Bridging the Past, Engineering the Future.". We're sorry, but no reviews have been submitted for International High School. What are your favorite school events or traditions? of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. It is calculated using the reported number of students and full-time equivalent teachers. This school is about the same as the state average in key measures of college and career readiness, but depending on the state, average can mean only a minority of students are ready for college and career. (973) 321-2280 Phone | (973) 321-2283Fax, Accessibility | Non-Discrimination | Title IX, International High School National Chinese Honor Society. Despite this, there need to be a few improvements such as the amount of college readiness that this school provides. 200 Grand Street Paterson, NJ 07501 (973) 321-2280 Phone | (973) 321-2283 Fax. Listed on 2023-04-30. 483 Students. Auditions will be held the week of TBD. Nearby grocery stores include Super Supermarket, Bravo Supermarkets, and Wayne Av Mini Market. 200 Grand Street. We can accept 185 freshmen to the 2022-2023 incoming 9th grade class. Student/Teacher Ratio International High School. There are many unique opportunities that you receive from this school. Accessibility | Non-Discrimination | Title IX. (Remember: high graduation rates don't mean much if students are graduating without the coursework and test scores they need to succeed.). Updates have been made to the graphs below. This is the percentage of students that scored at or above proficiency levels on their state math assessment test. Please note that your application will be retained in active status for one school year. If you are a Paterson Public School Student, please click on the left button for the Paterson Public Schools Application Button. Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents. It's been 2 years that I have graduated but it feels like just yesterday I was walking down the halls and catching up with my friends. 6) Complete 150 total community service hours. International High School, specifically the IB Program, gave me many opportunities to grow and become and active member of the school. If you are interested in applying for a seat at IHS, please click on the button in the upper left hand corner of this page. The application is open now and will close on February 25th, 2022. This is the percentage of 12th graders who graduated. 3) Complete subject-specific summer assignments/readings. Please. . International High School provides a challenging environment that fosters diversity, academic excellence, a spirit of imaginative and independent thinking in order to develop informed, confident and compassionate students. If you are a Charter or Non-Public Student, please click on the right button for the Charter and Non- Public School Choice application. If I can go back and do things all over again since it really was the best four years of my life. International High School! Please do not hesitate to contact us with any questions or concerns. 90 Delaware Avenue, Paterson, NJ 07503 (973) 321-1000 Phone . of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. Please apply as soon as possible. International High School (2) John F. Kennedy Educational Complex -Operational (34) John F. Kennedy High School-Instructional (5) Joseph A. Taub School (6) New Roberto Clemente School (2) Newcomers @ NRC (1) Norman S. Weir School (4) Office of Data, Accountability and Technology (1) Paterson Adult & Continuing Education (5) Paterson P Tech (2) Compare International High School to Other Schools, See All International High School Rankings, More About International High School Academics. 5) Participate in at least one extracurricular activity/sport each year/National History Day. Job specializations: Transportation. Overall its not a bad school, there are good teachers and friendly students. So, if my school would've had a sports team we wouldn't have to commute to other ones and we would have a good rank as a sports team. Harassment, Intimidation, and Bullying (HIB), Paterson Public SchoolsARB Score is 71 out of 78, International High School ARB Score is 73out of 78, 200 Grand Street International High School. High School Education or GED required; some college or college graduate preferred . The list below is a sample of available courses at this school. Teachers may use their district credentials. Principal holiday break. of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. Schools that create a positive culture help all students thrive. Please. Other than the fact of how early it was it was a wonderful school filled with so much to offer. District: Paterson Public School District. Name International High School Address 200 Grand Street Paterson, New Jersey, 07501 Phone 973-321-2280 A lot of the students from my school went to two other schools to play for either or and they made up the majority of that school's team. If my school had their own sports team, we would be a very good sports team hands down. Students will receive a letter with their scheduled audition dates and times before the. According to state test scores, 7% of students are at least proficient in math and 38% in reading. Dr. Catherine Forfia-Dion, International High School Principal. 2) Maintain a 3.0 Grade Point Average each quarter. https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdOl6LBFNRN0uedVQCH__8SN0jkq1KbpncTx-v0R-51QWjaSw/viewform, 7:30 am -4:00 pm Monday Friday If you are a Paterson Public School Student, please click on the left button for the Paterson Public Schools Application Button. Students benefit physically, intellectually, Leads to further/higher education, apprenticeships. I have made many friends so far. Applications will be available on this website beginning March 2015. Students at International High School are 74% Hispanic, 19% African American, 4% White, 4% Asian. Please click on the link below to start an application for employment and apply for a job posting. Visit the Meetings page for relevant documents and to watch the Livestream. If you have any questions regarding this property, please contact: Agendas & Minutes City Code Documents / RFPs Dashboards / Maps Pay Bills Report a Problem Events Paterson Alert Parents: A LETTER TO PARENTS FROM DR. FORFIA-DION REGARDING SCHOOL UNIFORMS, International High School and Garrett Morgan Academy Hours of Operation, Paterson Public SchoolsScore: 71 out of 78points, Garrett Morgan Academy Score: 76 out of 78 points, 2020-2021 District and School Grade Report, Paterson Public Schools (HIB) policy is available, The Districts Anti-bullying Coordinator is Nicole Payne, For more information on New Jersey's "Anti-bullying Bill of Rights" or the Districts plan to address HIB, Student loan information for 11th & 12th graders, New Jersey Community Development Corporation, 2022 Graduation Program IHS final.pdf (PDF), IHS and GMA Class of 2022 Commencement Ceremony Media Gallery, Letter to Parents - School Uniforms.pdf (PDF), The Road Forward Parent Pamphlet.pdf (PDF), StateBoardAdoptionofGraduationAssessmentRequirementsforClassesof2023-2025.pdf (PDF), 2020-2021 District and School Grade Report (2).pdf (PDF). All students in need of a Chromebook please come to the school this week between 9am and 3pm to receive one. Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job: Report this job Job ID: 64CDFA84826E9B2FDEDC87614D6. I wouldn't take back anything. ACI fosters student preparedness for International Baccalaureate, Advanced Placement, and Dual Enrollment courses in Grades 10-12. Students who have completed all three steps will receive notification of acceptance/denial by the middle of February 2019. 200 Grand Street Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities. Make changes to the header and footer on the "Edit Header and Footer" tab on the left. This is the percentage of students that scored at or above proficiency levels on their state reading/language arts assessment test. PATERSON P-TECH Pathways in Technology Early College High School Home Parents Student Life Guidance Planetarium Staff Admissions Administration Principal Dr. Charla Holder (973) 418-4744 cholder@paterson.k12.nj.us School Secretary Zena Powell (973) 321-2290 zpowell@paterson.k12.nj.us Workplace Learning Coordinator Brandon Pilgrim, M.Ed Wood-Ridge School District, NJ. of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.

Christiana Hospital Visiting Hours, Where Are Hyde Vapes Made, Articles I