failed to send management point list location request message

Failed to send Location Request Message AD schema is extended, Systems Management OU is there, permissions for site system accounts are applied. LocationServices 11/2/2022 9:35:32 AM 9512 (0x2528)Raising pending event:instance of CCM_CcmHttp_Status{DateTime = "20221102163532.451000+000";HostName = "SCCM1.OurDomain.net";HRESULT = "0x00000000";ProcessID = 8736;StatusCode = 0;ThreadID = 9512;};LocationServices 11/2/2022 9:35:32 AM 9512 (0x2528)Failed to verify Certificate with error 0x80070057. Worker thread [software Metering Processor Usage (Site)] halting execution. CMPControlManager::WriteToCCMSettings(): WMI Connection established. Sending MP [SCCM1] not in cached MPLIST. This time ClientLocation.log showed Getting Assigned Site, Autodiscover Site, Client is set to use HTTPS when available. I struggled for hours on client site and after your post boom. Name: 'SERVER2.domain.local' HTTPS: 'N' ForestTrust: 'N' [LOG[Assigned MP error threshold reached, moving to next MP. Failed to verify received message 0x80090006. I started in HTTP mode, and some of the workstations installed, but only partially (the way they are now). ProcessID = 11476; Currently we manage about 100 clients and everything looks fine except the SMS Agent on Sending MP [SCCM1] not in cached MPLIST. Successfully queued event on HTTP/HTTPS failure for server 'SiteServer.Domain.local'. He writes articles on SCCM, Intune, Configuration Manager, Microsoft Intune, Azure, Windows Server, Windows 11, WordPress and other topics, with the goal of providing people with useful information. ProcessID = 11476; I investigated that registry entry like you have in this article, and while we havent applied site code via group policy, I do see the AssignedSiteCode key with the correct site in it. If there is any other assistance we can provide, please feel free to let us know, we will do our best to help you. Refreshed Site Signing Certificate over AD Failed to get directory list from 'HTTPS://VRPSCCMMS03.ad/CCM_Client'. document.getElementById( "ak_js_1" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); Follow SCCMentor Paul Winstanley on WordPress.com, Just Dropped In (To See What Condition My Conditional Access Rule Was In): Part 7 Require multifactor authentication for risky sign-ins, Just Dropped In (To See What Condition My Conditional Access Rule Was In): Part 6 Require Password Change for High Risk Users, Deploying the Okta extension to Edge and Chrome via Intune, Just Dropped In (To See What Condition My Conditional Access Rule Was In): Part 5 Require multifactor authentication for Azure Management, Just Dropped In (To See What Condition My Conditional Access Rule Was In): Part 4 Require multifactor authentication for guests, We can't activate Windows on this device - an Intune solution to Windows not activated, Site Component Manager failed to reinstall this component on this site system - bgbisapi.msi, In-Place Upgrade of ConfigMgr site server from Windows 2012 R2 to 2019, Installing a Virtual Machine Scale Set Cloud Management Gateway. It was a primary site with Management point and distribution point roles running on same server. StatusCode = 1; The only suggestions I can seem to find that aren't "your whole certificate scheme is screwed up" (which I doubt, since the rest of my world works) is to do a client reinstall AND delete the contents of: which scares me (a tiny bit) to cut and dice on my MP. @SinghSharaad | | Please mark as helpful/answer if this resolved your issue. Failed to send management point list Location Request Message tocontoso.com LocationServices 9/25/2018 9:40:41 PM 1380 (0x0564) 4 assigned MP errors in the last 10 minutes, threshold is 5. The CMG connection point requires a client authentication certificate to securely forward client requests to an HTTPS management point. The General tab of Configuration Manager Properties showed the client certificate as None. I have not been able to successfully push the agent to the two workstations that I tried. Everything is in the same domain handled by the CA, so I don't need to manually add the Root CA. CcmMessaging.log Status Agent hasn't been initialized yet. [CCMHTTP] : *lpvStatusInformation is 0x1 [CCMHTTP] AsyncCallback(): WINHTTP_CALLBACK_STATUS_SECURE_FAILURE Encountered HRESULT = "0x80072f8f"; If the response is helpful, please click "Accept Answer" and upvote it. Wont send a client assignment fallback status point message because the last assignment error matches this one. The client on my MP has previously worked, but from time to time, stops talking to itself. Accessing the URL 'HTTPS://VRPSCCMMS03.ad/CCM_Client/ccmsetup.cab' failed with 80004005 HostName = "SERVER2.domain.local"; I have been trying to install SCCM Client on one of the machine. Failed in WinHttpSendRequest API, ErrorCode = 0x2f8f Your link has been automatically embedded. It contains the following insertion string(s): PWRInvProvider, root\cimv2\SMS. Failed to set DNSSuffix value to the registry. The description for Event ID ( 63 ) in Source ( WinMgmt ) could not be found. The locationservices.log sprung the first clue. An integrated solution for for managing large groups of personal computers and servers. I noticed that client agents were unable to discover the site code. Sending MP [SCCM1] not in cached MPLIST. LocationServices 11/2/2022 9:35:32 AM 9512 (0x2528)Raising pending event:instance of CCM_CcmHttp_Status{DateTime = "20221102163532.607000+000";HostName = "SCCM1.OurDomain.net";HRESULT = "0x00000000";ProcessID = 8736;StatusCode = 0;ThreadID = 9512;};LocationServices 11/2/2022 9:35:32 AM 9512 (0x2528)Refreshing trusted key information LocationServices 11/2/2022 9:35:32 AM 9512 (0x2528)Refreshed Root Site Code from AD LocationServices 11/2/2022 9:35:32 AM 9512 (0x2528)Attempting to refresh TRK from AD LocationServices 11/2/2022 9:35:32 AM 9512 (0x2528)Refreshed TRK from AD LocationServices 11/2/2022 9:35:32 AM 9512 (0x2528)Raising event:instance of CCM_CcmHttp_Status{DateTime = "20221102163532.669000+000";HostName = "SCCM1.OurDomain.net";HRESULT = "0x00000000";ProcessID = 8736;StatusCode = 0;ThreadID = 9512;};LocationServices 11/2/2022 9:35:32 AM 9512 (0x2528)Status Agent hasn't been initialized yet. Here is what actually went wrong. Why is this changing the password of the account that was configured to publish the site info into AD domain services causing all this problems? DateTime = "20130403101936.350000+000"; 2 assigned MP errors in the last 10 minutes, threshold is 5. Resolution Already reinstalled the client, no effect. ProcessID = 2284; MP Manager outbox Discovery Data Manager (Trusted) maps to D:\Program Files\Microsoft Configuration Manager\inboxes\auth\ddm.box. Enabled SSL revocation check. Persisting the default management points in WMI Once it was added back everything works. I am 99.9% sure the PKI setup is correct. I tested with a few multicast enabled DP servers. Failed to send management point list Location Request Message to SiteServer.Domain.local 1 assigned MP errors in the last 10 minutes, threshold is 5. Windows 10 Kiosk Mode without Intune - Notes from the field, defaultuser0 when using Autopilot pre-provisioning, Call to HttpSendRequestSync failed for port 80 with status code 500, text: Internal Server Error - Configuration file is not well-formed XML - ConfigMgr Management Point woes, Set .zip files default app association to 7-Zip via Intune. The MP name retrieved is 'SERVER2.domain.local' with version '7804' and capabilities '' Are you referring to extending the AD schema and making the permissions change on the container? So the rebuild thinks it is on a metered network, why? The port 443 is opened for the Client VRTPYXIS1 to the two site servers VRPSCCMPR01 & VRPSCCMMS03. I could not find anything wrong with the site and everything seems to be normal and functional. So looking in locationservices.log on my laptop, I am seeing "Failed in WinHttpSendRequest API, ErrorCode = 0x2ee2" and also "Failed to send management point list Location Request Message to Sccmserver.FQDN". HRESULT = "0x00000000"; OK so some real issues here but again why only on a rebuild of a device? The SCCM GPO templates do not do Replace for the variable, just Create. Attempting to retrieve local MPs from the assigned MP. When you switch from https only to http or https and back, be aware that the site actually re-installs itself. Now its time to move clients from HTTP to https (PKI). I am trying to use Force.com migration tool and trying to retrieve from an org. Has anyone had a similar behavior like this already? The ccmmessaging.log assisted me further with my troubleshooting. 5. Failed to create Location Request Message body, looks like client is not getting correct MP, it's movinf from server1 to server2, how did you configured the boundaries? Lookup Management Points from AD: Could not retrieve certificate from MPCERT. check this boundaries for cleints, Sharad Singh | My blogs: SharadTech | Twitter: The security information for this application could not be verified. When I log in to the client that was working fine on HTTP (self-signed), it keeps failing with the below error message (locationservices.log). Error 0x80072f8f }; So the actual issue was that a large number of SCCM clients were failing to report to the primary site. Client is not on internet I've found the root cause but no solution yet. Notify me of follow-up comments by email. Attempting to create pending event. I have googled a lot of these errors and many point to certs which we're not using. Failed in WinHttpSendRequest API, ErrorCode = 0x2f8f Successfully queued event on HTTP/HTTPS failure for server MACHINENAME Failed to send management point list Location Request Message to MACHINENAME Client: 5.00.9040.1015 MEMCM: 2010 + KB4594177 StatusCode = 0; I have validated the site components and site hierarchy is running fine. Long story short, If you look into the DNS server for the service location records, you can see that, site still using port 80 where as the actual configuration, it uses port 443. What's the next thing for me to check? Error 0x8004100e, CcmSetup failed with error code 0x80004005, Scan this QR code to download the app now, https://SESCMSC01.corp.azadea.intra/ccm_system_windowsauth/request. Auto-suggest helps you quickly narrow down your search results by suggesting possible matches as you type. component SMS_MP_CONTROL_MANAGER on computer SCCM-PRI.domain.com reported: SMS Executive detected that this component stopped unexpectedly. Most of all there was no entry of assigned management point. I've removed and re-added the client more than a few times: My usual go-to log for "did this client work" shows me some mixed messages. The client agent started to communicate with management point and all the action cycles were seen in few minutes. LocationServices 20-07-2012 04:50:00 5592 (0x15D8) CcmMessaging.log CcmMessaging 30/11/2018 14:04:00 6844 (0x1ABC) Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support. Everything was running smoothly until recently when most of the Windows 7 client machine status suddenly changed status to inactive and when I deploy applications they cannot be reached as they appear as Unknown. On the same machine he installed SQL 2016 which had Configuration Manager DB on it. Thanks for posting the resolution. LocationServices.log gives me this very perplexing block. After the deinstall/install of the client there came status message errors about multicast nog functioning anymore on the DP's. LocationServices 11/2/2022 9:35:32 AM 9512 (0x2528)MPCERT requests are throttled for 00:04:59 LocationServices 11/2/2022 9:35:32 AM 9512 (0x2528)Failed to verify message. { Root CA Intermediate CA Issuing CA 1 Issuing CA 2 Issuing CA 3 Issuing CA 4 In my SCCM CR 2207 environment I am not using HTTPS so no PKI. [CCMHTTP] ERROR INFO: StatusCode= StatusText= Somehow he did not find things working well and he decided to uninstall the SCCM. Failed to send management point list Location Request Message to SG-CM001.azure.eskonr.com The log says, could not retrieve the certificate from the MPCERT>Based on this, I looked at the MP logs to verify if the MP is functioning correctly or not, then looked at site monitoring if there are any alerts for site components. [CCMHTTP] AsyncCallback(): ----------------------------------------------------------------- Querying MPHealthCheckIntervalInSeconds registry value returned a status of 2. Thanks! I realized that, there was change in the password for that account earlier (before the https changes to the site) hence the site publishing failed. Failed to send location message to 'https://MP.FQDN'. With in the Site Status the Site System Role "Management Point" status is Critical. After going through the complete PKI setup I switched everything over to HTTPS. StatusCode = 1; I had the same issue when migrating to a new SCCM deployment with a different site code. I changed the value of GPRequestedSiteAssigmentCode key from USA to new site code. More info about Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge. I recently helped an IT guy fix an issue where the SCCM client agent could not discover the site code. If I start the Configuration Manager Service Manager and query the SMS_MP_Control_Manager, it shows that it is stopped, when I start it, i get the above error immediately in the event log.. I did a basic audit of SCCM setup and it was all good. [LOG[CcmSetup is exiting with return code 0]LOG]!>, , Configure Settings>Find Site, with nothing entered, it automatically finds the correct site code and says it has successfully found a site to manage the client. For more details, please take a look at this blog. ClientID = "GUID:18470337-7041-4BF2-A90E-93FBDF7776FE"; This time while installing the SCCM, he used a new site code and noticed that SCCM client agents were not discovering the site code. LSGetSiteVersionFromAD : Failed to retrieve version for the site USA (0x80004005). instance of CCM_ServiceHost_CertRetrieval_Status No security settings update detected. Failed to send portal info Location Request Message 1 Answer. ]LOG]!>, /sms_mp/.sms_aut?mplist) already and got a 403 Access Denied error, but as I understand it, that is an expected result since the computer account is what would normally be accessing the MP. instance of CCM_CcmHttp_Status It may not display this or other websites correctly. It involves the creation of few certificates which include IIS, DP and client certificate. User Policy retrieval and evaluation cycle. It used to be that I give it a finishing task sequence that syspreps our AV solution and runs the Prepare ConfigMgr Client for Capture. The current state is 480, and Got new site *** Then it does it again, says client is currently not assigned to any site, removing client site assignments, Raising event: instance of CCM_RemoteClient_Reassigned, Client is now successfully assigned to site ***, discovers the default MP, and appears to be configured now. DateTime = "20210316154021.448000+000";

Elizabeth Holmes Memes, Ridgetop Dreams Golden Retrievers, Santa Barbara Mission Facts For 4th Graders, Oxford And Bucks Light Infantry Records Ww2, Articles F